3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

wfd1433ram

Search this Thread

Old 03-28-2015, 04:11 PM
wfd1433ram
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default wfd1433ram

On Random occasions, I cannot get my 2007 1500 Ram out of park. After a few minutes and a few attempts it will come out of park. Possibly a common denominator is cold weather but not sure.

Old 03-28-2015, 05:54 PM
jkeaton
DF Admin
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 334 Likes on 298 Posts
Old 03-31-2015, 08:46 AM
DodgeCACares
Record Breaker
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by wfd1433ram
On Random occasions, I cannot get my 2007 1500 Ram out of park. After a few minutes and a few attempts it will come out of park. Possibly a common denominator is cold weather but not sure.
wfd1433ram,

I'm sorry to hear about your concern. How many times has this occurred? Does it happen when the vehicle is sitting for an extended period of time?

Old 04-02-2015, 12:22 AM
wfd1433ram

Originally Posted by DodgeCACares
wfd1433ram,

I'm sorry to hear about your concern. How many times has this occurred? Does it happen when the vehicle is sitting for an extended period of time?
It is a very random problem which hasn't happened since my post. And no to the vehicle sitting for extended period of time, in fact it happened when I parked after driving somewhere. Also as originally stated it may have been cold weather related. Dealership diagnosed problem as starter motor and replaced it. But it happened the following cold snowy day but not since it warmed up. I read in this forum some possibilities such as brake light switch or a relay module between brake pedal and shifter but I got a new starter.

Last edited by wfd1433ram; 04-02-2015 at 12:38 AM.
Old 04-02-2015, 01:16 AM
wfd1433ram

Originally Posted by jkeaton
I appreciate this info but I didn't see how engine size would effect my shifter being stuck in park. However there were 3 other details I mentioned to service desk.

1: I had a problem where all electrical went dead. For example, after moving truck to shovel snow and leaving truck running to warm up then shutting it down to move another vehicle only to go back to truck and find when I turned key everything was dead. Not even the time on the radio. After hooking up jumper cables it immediately started with no need to charge up. Other times after just waiting a few minutes it would start up. I forget what they claimed was the cause of that but it didn't make sense.

2: The check engine light came on for a few days and then went off and the result of that diagnosis was a new water pump.

3: And lastly a minor problem, the outside temp gauge was reading 51°F when it was 8°F outside and then 21 when it was 41 which was, according to diagnosis, a sensor problem which they replaced. I only mention that on the idea that they could all be related thru the computer.

In the past when check engine light was on my $49 code reader told me it was a "4th speed gear ratio incorrect" but I got a new water pump, a new starter,new lower control arms, a new sway bar and new front shocks and still it would not come out of park the following morning until after waiting a few minutes.

Luckily all was covered under extended warranty.

Last edited by wfd1433ram; 04-02-2015 at 01:22 AM.
Old 04-02-2015, 08:21 AM
DodgeCACares
Record Breaker

It is a very random problem which hasn't happened since my post. And no to the vehicle sitting for extended period of time, in fact it happened when I parked after driving somewhere. Also as originally stated it may have been cold weather related. Dealership diagnosed problem as starter motor and replaced it. But it happened the following cold snowy day but not since it warmed up. I read in this forum some possibilities such as brake light switch or a relay module between brake pedal and shifter but I got a new starter.
wfd1433ram,

Although the symptom hasn't reoccurred in the warmer weather, I would recommend notifying your dealer that the issue happened again after the starter replacement, if you haven't already.

Duplication of the issue is very important to the diagnosis process, and the more details the better. Keep us posted on the progress if you can.

Old 04-07-2015, 04:29 PM
wfd1433ram

Well now the A/C is not working so more to bring it back for. Maybe the other problems will happen for them.

Old 04-08-2015, 09:00 AM
DodgeCACares
Record Breaker

Well now the A/C is not working so more to bring it back for. Maybe the other problems will happen for them.
wfd1433ram,

Be sure to speak directly with the Service Manager.