3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Engine bay ground locations

Search this Thread

Old 03-31-2015, 02:32 PM
Northern Goat
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Engine bay ground locations

Hi

Give the quick low down. motor was plugged with sudge had to rebuiild top end. 3500+ later get truck back 100 miles later Po420 pops up and thats it. so I replace both cats and when i went to run truck after clearing codes I now get P0032 (bank 1 sensor 1 high voltage) or soemthing to that effect. Orginally 1 years ago truck ran like crap was throwing codes for all 4 02 sensors so I replaced them. Those codes went away but 420 remained. So i am starting to wonder if my PCM is out to lunch or what. my alternator bearing is sounding bad (On my list) would something like that causae issues with my PCM. The battery is a year old so i think its ok.

I also would like to know the location of all the ground in the engine compartment so i can trace and make sure they are good. bought the truck 4 years ago and nothing tell last 6 months, everything is ****ting the bed now. thanks Folks

Old 03-31-2015, 02:37 PM
chuck_hammer
Veteran
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

a computer needs CLEAN DC power.. it alternator is going south.. maybe your issue.

on my 04.. next to battery... on left front fender.

Old 03-31-2015, 03:05 PM
Northern Goat
Rookie

Thanks Chuck Going it owe you a few boxes of beer at this rate LOL

Old 04-01-2015, 07:59 AM
Northern Goat
Rookie

Well i cleaned up all the grounds I could find, sone were pretty rusty/questionable grounds. Climbed under truck, went to swap the 02 sensors in the front and the drivers side came a part in my hand. Turns out the tab that lets you snap it in place is broken. so I put a zip tie around it tightened it up, cleared the code and started her up runs like a dream and no idiot light. hopefully it does not come loose again otherwise need a new connector spliced in and that should be a treat with the amount of room in that area. So happy I am done with that crap. moral of the story and I hear this all the time. check the obvious stuff first and dont assume its going to be worse case scenario. I'm my own worst enemy. Thanks for the replies folks.

Quick Reply: Engine bay ground locations