3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

2007 D Ram Transmission Issue Engine Light

Search this Thread

Old 04-01-2015, 12:35 PM
krytwisted66
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2007 D Ram Transmission Issue Engine Light

I have a 2007 Dodge Ram 1500 quad cab 2x4 and the engine light came on yesterday. The truck recently has had issues shifting gears. Sometimes when I start it and push on the gas it takes its time to start moving. I'll turn the truck off and start it again and then it's fine. Had the transmission fluid changed year and a half ago and looks good but the codes that came up when checked are: P0876, P0944 and P0868 and some of the descriptions state low transmission fluid. Has anyone else had this problem or know what to do besides bringing it into Dodge. Thank you for any help!!

Old 04-02-2015, 12:47 PM
DodgeCACares
Record Breaker
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by krytwisted66
I have a 2007 Dodge Ram 1500 quad cab 2x4 and the engine light came on yesterday. The truck recently has had issues shifting gears. Sometimes when I start it and push on the gas it takes its time to start moving. I'll turn the truck off and start it again and then it's fine. Had the transmission fluid changed year and a half ago and looks good but the codes that came up when checked are: P0876, P0944 and P0868 and some of the descriptions state low transmission fluid. Has anyone else had this problem or know what to do besides bringing it into Dodge. Thank you for any help!!
krytwisted66,

I'm sorry to hear about your concerns. How often does the shifting issue occur? Is the check engine light still on?

Old 04-03-2015, 04:41 PM
krytwisted66

Actually the check engine light turned off which supurised me but it has been doing this for a couple months on and off.

Old 04-07-2015, 08:34 AM
DodgeCACares
Record Breaker
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by krytwisted66
Actually the check engine light turned off which supurised me but it has been doing this for a couple months on and off.
krytwisted66,

The check engine light may illuminate for a number of reasons, from a loose gas cap to poor quality fuel. If the light were to stay on for more than a couple of typical drive cycles, or begin to flash, immediate service is recommended.

In regards to the codes set, your Dodge dealer will be able to quickly isolate the root cause. When it comes to intermittent concerns, duplication of the event is beneficial. Additionally, any details that can be noted when it occurs would also be of benefit.

Old 12-06-2020, 06:40 PM
toma19

New to the forum, so forgive me. But I can't find anywhere to post an actual question, other than to reply here. I have a 1997 Ram 1500 4X4 Auto Trans. While driving to work, with a loaded bed, the transmission slowly stopped working. I was able to glide it to a parking space. Eight hours later, I started it up, and it drove about half way home--about 10 miles--before just giving out again. For a time, if I really pressed on the gas, I could get it to go a little ways, but eventually, it wouldn't go at all. I had it towed to my house, where I replaced the filter, and two 'servos' (?) that came with a kit. I was certain it was a fluid issue, but in the end, that didn't fix the problem. The truck sat all winter and summer. Yesterday, I unloaded everything in the bed, and was able to drive it 500 feet or so, before I could feel it start to slow. I can't believe there is something seriously wrong with the transmission, if it will still engage and drive, even for a short distance. Any thoughts from those who actually know what they are talking about?

Old 12-06-2020, 08:50 PM
HeyYou
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 3,174 Likes on 2,927 Posts

You want to post in the 2nd Gen Ram section. Start New thread in the Tech forum, and we will happily help you out.

Old 12-06-2020, 10:49 PM
Magnoom
Record Breaker
Received 216 Likes on 196 Posts

Quick Reply: 2007 D Ram Transmission Issue Engine Light