3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Rock Auto Discount, use it or loose it

Old 07-07-2015, 07:42 PM
Gone Fishin
Record Breaker
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Rock Auto Discount, use it or loose it

Your RockAuto dis
Discount on RockAuto Parts!

Thank you for being a RockAuto customer! To show our appreciation, we have a special discount for you.

Your discount code is:

How to Use Your Discount Code

Enter the code above in the "How Did You Hear About Us?" space on the checkout page (above your payment information). Do not enter any other text in that space or the discount will not apply.

Please note: Discount only valid for orders placed online. Code must be entered before order is submitted.

The discount takes 5% off our already-low prices. There's no limit on order size or the number of orders. Use the code for your next order, and share the code with anyone you know who works on cars or trucks.

This discount code expires on July 19, 2015 so don't wait!

Thanks again for buying your auto parts at RockAuto!
www.RockAuto.com

RockAuto uses Customer Lobby and BBB to measure our performance. Please take a moment to complete a short survey:

count code 3161514528929589 will expire on July 19, 2015.

If you or anyone you know is thinking of doing some vehicle repair, now's the time to order the parts!

Using Your Discount CodeTaking advantage of this discount opportunity is easy! Enter your code in the "How did you hear about us" line of the shopping cart. If you are using our traditional HTML catalog, please click the "Apply" button to the right of the field. Your discount will automatically appear, subtracted from your parts order total. Discount only valid for self-service orders placed online.

RockAuto carries a full line of mechanical parts, from small items like filters and wiper blades to complete remanufactured transmissions and engine long blocks. We also have a growing number of body parts: door handles, mirrors, sheet metal, bumper covers, even carpets! Our online catalog includes vehicles from the early 1900s to today, making it easy to find parts no matter what you drive.

Thanks again for buying your auto parts at RockAuto!

Tom Taylor
VP Marketing

www.RockAuto.com

Old 07-05-2016, 06:49 PM
TejasMtnBiker
Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

good till September Rockauto discount code 4785806043051664

Old 05-24-2017, 11:54 PM
William Gregory Lawler
Default P0508 IAC low circuit

Make sure you disconnect the negative battery terminal before disconnecting anything.

The IAC motor (actually just an LVDT driven plunger) is located in front of the TPS on the throttle body. That is on the right side of the intake, top of engine. It is the second connector on the right side of the throttle body.

A P0508 code will post if the motor is bad or PCM circuit is damaged. The resistance across the two pin motor should be 8-12ohms. If not, replace the IAC valve for about $80.

The two wires are signal and control. If either is shorted to GND, it's the PCM. To be sure, connect an ohm-meter to chassis GND, and the other to IAC connector pin. If either pin registers a short (<~6 ohms), disconnect the C2 connector from the PCM. If the short goes away then your PCM needs to be replaced.

The PCM is in the left corner by the firewall. C2 is the second connector from the top.

This resolved my P0508 code and failure of the truck to maintain idle.
carcomputerexchange.com cost me $300.

Old 05-28-2017, 07:22 PM
bdhuntr
Veteran
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Sounds good. I may try it!

Last edited by bdhuntr; 05-28-2017 at 07:24 PM. Reason: Wrong thread
Old 05-31-2017, 09:24 AM
stenerson
Veteran

252K on my 2004 5.7

Old 06-04-2017, 11:29 AM
Mark Statkus
Default Check the screens on the solenoids

I got this code after performing maintenance on the TCC/Overdrive and Governor Sensor/Solenoid. Because the harness comes down thru the top of the transmission I believe some dirt was introduced.
I took the opportunity to order a Dorman Transmission pan with a drain plug. I also took the opportunity to get some KoolKleen Transmission cleaner and my air compressor.

I did not realize the TCC/Overdrive unit had two screens, but when I removed it to check I noticed some funk had made it to them causing this problem. Computer is essentially throwing the code because it notices a pressure difference and puts the transmission into limp mode.

Upon completely cleaning everything and flushing the lines, I put it all back together and dropped new fluid in. Problem has not come back.

So bottom line, check these screens for debris, or a clog. Governor Solenoid also has screens and I went with a upgraded solenoid larger than stock.

This issue cost me about $65 in fluid, but hopefully it saves someone else from making the same mistake. That upper harness on the TCC/Overdrive solenoid/circuit is a PITA. I even considered removing the valve body at one point but how anyone can get into that location with a tool is beyond me. Next to no room to work there.
I'm at 223K.

Old 07-07-2017, 03:39 AM
CumminsDriver01

Originally Posted by Mark Statkus
I got this code after performing maintenance on the TCC/Overdrive and Governor Sensor/Solenoid. Because the harness comes down thru the top of the transmission I believe some dirt was introduced.
I took the opportunity to order a Dorman Transmission pan with a drain plug. I also took the opportunity to get some KoolKleen Transmission cleaner and my air compressor.

I did not realize the TCC/Overdrive unit had two screens, but when I removed it to check I noticed some funk had made it to them causing this problem. Computer is essentially throwing the code because it notices a pressure difference and puts the transmission into limp mode.

Upon completely cleaning everything and flushing the lines, I put it all back together and dropped new fluid in. Problem has not come back.

So bottom line, check these screens for debris, or a clog. Governor Solenoid also has screens and I went with a upgraded solenoid larger than stock.

This issue cost me about $65 in fluid, but hopefully it saves someone else from making the same mistake. That upper harness on the TCC/Overdrive solenoid/circuit is a PITA. I even considered removing the valve body at one point but how anyone can get into that location with a tool is beyond me. Next to no room to work there.
I'm at 223K.
im having this problem, Mark. I put back my old solenoid and sensor. Do you recommend I clean all the wires that go to these parts? My truck currently isn't starting after replaacing those two parts and was running fine before then. 2001 Cummins 4x4 automatic

Old 07-07-2017, 01:09 PM
Mark Statkus

Originally Posted by CumminsDriver01
im having this problem, Mark. I put back my old solenoid and sensor. Do you recommend I clean all the wires that go to these parts? My truck currently isn't starting after replaacing those two parts and was running fine before then. 2001 Cummins 4x4 automatic
Hi,
So a couple weeks ago the issue came back. I limped to a Transmission shop figuring I'd hit the end of my patience - it has to be something worse. About every 5 minutes on the free way I'd randomly lose over drive and 1st gear. I'd reset the computer and make it another 5 minutes.
Transmission shop said:
Clutch boost valve clip broke, OD snap ring broke, reverse servo piston broke, frictions burnt, lockdown band burnt, bushings scored.

Did a full rebuild $2748 w/ 3 year 50K warranty.
46RE for 01' had some known issues and they applied all the updated parts for the Torque Converter. The Boost valve clip is even mentioned in the book as "This is normally broke".

Everything is working great now.

Mark

Last edited by Mark Statkus; 07-07-2017 at 01:12 PM.
Old 10-30-2017, 12:30 AM
glenlloyd
Veteran
Received 19 Likes on 16 Posts

delete post please

Last edited by glenlloyd; 10-30-2017 at 12:34 AM.
Old 07-21-2019, 01:06 PM
voyagerguy
Default Fix the Rain Leak in your Caravan/Voyager/Town&Country Van

So the 'wet carpet/after rain/passenger side' is all over the web/youtube... almost all years/models... voyagers/caravans/town& country/etc.
To access and fix the design flaw you must remove the windshield wipers/cowling cover & wiper assembly tray from the vehicle.

The Problem:
It's an engineering design flaw allowing exterior water (rain/carwash spray) ingress into the air duct plenum via the 6 open ports on the firewall.

They cannot be 'sealed shut' or the climate control system... heat/cool/defrost will not work. It must breathe.
In a nutshell... they have 'designed' an evaporative cooler without any 'pads'.
Imagine a swamp cooler sitting up on your house roof with all four sides exposed to the elements.
When it 'rains' water drops literally explode into smaller 'drops' as they pass through the 'screen' on the cowling and are then sucked in WHOLE into the plenum.
The answer (which works) is to install your own pads and prevent NOTHING but humidity or micro 'mist' into your ductwork.
Your fan and blowers can easily dry/evaporate a SMALL amount of moisture that can pass through the pads via normal air flow.

The Pads:

Walmart in 3 sponge paks for $2 each. You will need a total of 6 (3paks) (18 sponges) for $12 and a hot melt glue gun.
No need to cut them.... The dimensions are perfect for covering the 6 holes.

First: You create 6 double thick pads for the 6 holes.
Glue 2 pads together to create a single double-thick pad.
Use the hot glue around the perimeter of the bottom one... then align & press the second on on top of the first as it cools.
Do this 6 times... You've made 6 pads. You've used 12 sponges.

You next hot glue one double pad over each of the holes.
Apply the glue to the perimeter of the pad and press onto the firewall to completely cover each hole.
**leave sufficient space between adjacent pads for bolt holes to re-install your wiper assembly tray.

When you're done it should look like this:

Finally ....
You've still got 6 sponges left....

You're going to trim and hot glue those as single layer pads to the underside of the cowling like this:

**this final step keeps the driving rain DROPS from 'exploding' as the pass through the (factory designed) 'screen'... to be sucked into the plenum as water spray.
Your 'pads' are a much better design to prevent this 'explosion' of water into your assembly tray.

You're done.
Everything can breathe and your vehicle will stay dry and smell nice.
cheers.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Rock Auto Discount, use it or loose it