3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

transmission ships giving me the run around, need advice

Old 10-30-2015, 04:15 PM
Prismatic
All Star
Received 37 Likes on 32 Posts
Default transmission ships giving me the run around, need advice

Hey yall,

I got my new (used) transmission installed. It's working great but it's got a harsh 2-3 upshift. Google and thousands of threads suggest it's an issue with the learned CVI tables in the TCM. I'm finding this data specifically by searching and reading articles and threads explicitly referencing the 545RFE transmission and that a factory DRBIII tool can be used to initiate a quicklearn to reset the tables, a possible help for the VERY common harsh 2-3 upshift after valve body work, trans swaps, and less frequently fluid changes.

The problem I'm having is the shops are telling me no, no you have none of that, yeah you've got no CVIs or anything tto quicklearn, yeah we need to pull the valve body, well quote ya for it.

it's a total run around I'm getting. It's a 2005 transmission, a 2003 TCM from a cherokee that had the 545RFE (see signature)

The ONLY ones that said sure we'll do it was surprisingly the dealer, but they want shop rate to do it for about $120

Anyone have any opinions? The trans is flawless, shifts amazingly well up and down, just a harsh 2-3 upshift. It does have 100% new fluid and filters.

Old 10-30-2015, 04:56 PM
Prismatic
All Star

Some sources

sorry for the weird images, I'm stuck on mobile right now

Old 11-02-2015, 05:03 PM
HemiLonestar
Banned
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Where are you? I have one.

Old 11-03-2015, 02:38 AM
Prismatic
All Star

Originally Posted by HemiLonestar
Where are you? I have one.
San Diego. I can throw the old TCM back in for a bit if you're up for me shipping my TCM to you

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: transmission ships giving me the run around, need advice