3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Trans screw on filter

Search this Thread

Old 02-10-2016, 10:29 PM
GRed
Professional
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Trans screw on filter

does anyone know the size of that screw on filter. I like to try and "torque" it using a socket filter wrench. I appreciate your help.

Thanks

Old 02-10-2016, 11:18 PM
jkeaton
DF Admin
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 335 Likes on 299 Posts

Originally Posted by GRed
does anyone know the size of that screw on filter. I like to try and "torque" it using a socket filter wrench. I appreciate your help.

Thanks
Any parts store will sell you the correct size filter given the correct information. Oil filters should be torqued hand till tight. Then half a revolution further with a wrench. Perhaps I'm reading your question wrong.

Old 02-10-2016, 11:50 PM
GRed
Professional
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by jkeaton
Any parts store will sell you the correct size filter given the correct information. Oil filters should be torqued hand till tight. Then half a revolution further with a wrench. Perhaps I'm reading your question wrong.
I was thinking that filter was a little smaller size. Also I was wanting to torque it but..maybe Im just over thinking it like I always do, maybe I will go with your suggestion about hand tightening I appreciate it..

Thank you

Old 02-11-2016, 10:33 AM
jkeaton
DF Admin
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 335 Likes on 299 Posts

Never overtorque an oil filter.

Old 02-14-2016, 09:20 AM
Gary-L
Legend
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by jkeaton

Half a revolution more with a wrench? That's too tight. Hand tight and maybe snug it slightly with the wrench if needed.

Quick Reply: Trans screw on filter