3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

03 Dodge Ram 4.7, Parking brake + Cruise Control

Search this Thread

Old 03-23-2016, 02:56 PM
Raevin
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 03 Dodge Ram 4.7, Parking brake + Cruise Control

Hi Everyone,

I've owned a 2003 Dodge Ram for about a week now and i love it, but there's a couple things that require attention.

First would be the parking brake. It doesn't grab (at all), pedal goes down and when i use the release it doesn't release.

This is what it looks like right now. The tensioner was just hanging off the one loose wire on the right so i took it off as it was rattling when driving.

What do i need to fix this ? I've looked around but i haven't been able to find a DIY or example.
---------------------------------------
---------------------------------------
The second thing is the cruise control. When i engage it, it shows the CRUISE on the dash but it doesn't set. I've read that it's more than likely a vacuum leak which is highly possible. But how do i go around to finding it ?

Another reason i expect it's a vacuum leak is because when i just start up the truck and rev it to around 3000 RPM it has a slight one second pause and it either continues (but barely) or it stalls. There's no issues when driving.

Thank you for your time!

Quick Reply: 03 Dodge Ram 4.7, Parking brake + Cruise Control