3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Performance Friction rear pads 3rd Gen Ram 1500

Search this Thread

Old 03-26-2016, 12:28 PM
Slowdog
Amateur
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Performance Friction rear pads 3rd Gen Ram 1500

I purchased my PFC pads from O'Reilly's. They showed the rear pad part number for my 07 Ram 1500 Quad Cab with the 5.7 Hemi as PFC part number as 1046.10 However, these pads are much shorter by just over one inch (the actual pad is shorter, the metal part is the same as my OEM). O'Reilly's seems confused, as am I....

Has any of you installed the PFC rear pads on a 3rd Gen Ram and if so did they match the OEM pads?? If so, any idea which PFC part was correct? I tried to contact PFC but I kept getting voice mails with no response (this is a holiday week).... The PFC website does not list a rear brake for this truck, only rear pads for the 2500/3500.

Second question: I have already installed the front PFC pads. If I cannot locate the proper PFC pads today, can I install another brand of brake pad on the rear with it causing any issues should I have an emergency stop. I tow a camper and the though of having rear pads that grab quicker or harder than the front pads seems like a possible issue??? The PFC pads are Carbon/Metallic...if I use another brand of pad which is a Semi-Metallic will they work well with my front PFC pads??

Thanks for your help! The Ram is up on blocks so I need to make a decision soon.

Old 03-30-2016, 04:56 PM
RamedHemi
Professional
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I never heard of that brand before but they should be an exact match size wise to OEM. Seems like would be an issue grabbing the rotor if its a smaller pad.
I just ordered rear pads and rotors for my 08 ram from brake performance.

Old 03-31-2016, 05:27 PM
Slowdog
Amateur
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

As a wrap-up PFC apparently does not make rear pads for the rear of the 3rd Gen 1500...any listed are mis-prints.... The PFC pads (and Hawk) are highly recommended by guys who tow but after looking back at the post those guys drive 2500/3500 Rams...not 1500's. So I do have the PFC's on the front and I simply installed DuraLast Max on the rears....which work fine....if they will last. When these wear out I will try the Hawks(which apparently are not carried by O'Reilly, AutoZone or Advance...) Thanks RammedHemi for your input!

Quick Reply: Performance Friction rear pads 3rd Gen Ram 1500