3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

2007 Ram 5.7 intermittent sputter w/ P0335 code

Old 07-25-2016, 06:42 PM
First Ram
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Well I'm going to unload it sooner or later. But I'm not one to sell junk, I'll fix what I can. I'm going back to Ford. They NEVER give me a problem. I got this for two reasons. One, a friend of mine had an older Ram with the 5.9 and I was impressed with the torque and power. Second, I wanted either a pickup or a classic street car, I thought this was going to fit both needs with the Hemi. All I know is that my patience is running thin with this truck. Another thing, Hemis are a dime a dozen yet you can't find a "reliable, tested" Hemi mechanic yet everybody has the same problems with 100 different opinions on what's causing them. Never again, I've never liked Mopar products since I grew up in the 60s-70s and they built POS back then. I thought they had turned over a new leaf.

Old 07-26-2016, 02:27 PM
p38251
Record Breaker

A manufacturer that has NO problems. Right. You cannot abuse a vehicle and have it last forever. Good luck with them Furds

Old 07-29-2016, 10:23 PM
First Ram

I never said I expected the truck not to have wear and tear on it when I bought it. I said it had ALL the problems synonymous with Dodges. I take care of my vehicles and get my money's worth out of all of them. I just expect them to do me right when I take care of them. I don't race mine or WOT although on a couple of occasions I have put another Ram and 2 rice burners in their place on the highway. The only thing I haven't done although I will before they go out, is replace the crank/cam sensors. Since my tuneup with the Platinums, you can't tell she's running at idle. There is a very slight sputter but livable. I should have my new drillwd rotors and Bilstein shocks on by this weekend. I'm not giving up on the Dodge as of yet. But, there's got to be at least hundreds of threads on here pertaining to these trucks throwing codes left and right. I've alleviated most of my problems and I hope my input helps others. One thing I don't understand is these people that suggest OEM parts. REALLY? Anybody that knows anything about. Detroit is that they build as much and as fast as they can and use the CHEAPEST parts. Aftermarket all the way on replacement. Hoping to be a Dodge Diehard myself. We'll see how she goes after 6 months.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 2007 Ram 5.7 intermittent sputter w/ P0335 code