3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Problems whit Infinity sound system

Search this Thread

Old 10-01-2016, 02:26 PM
Lundberg
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Problems whit Infinity sound system

Hi all, new meber and just bought a Dodge Ram 1500 2003 year model.
And I love it, however I have a problem the sound system ( infinity system) was working fine but then the next time I started the car their was no sound in the speakers. Radio seems to work searching for channels etc. But there is bo sound At all, not even disturbance in the speaker. I have checked the fuse in the engine bay but that one is fine. So I'm wondering if anyone has a tip, is their a fuse somewhere for the infinity amp that I was told should be behind the glovebox.

It seams like this is a general problem, but I haven't found any information yet on how to fix it.

Thanks in advance for the help.

Old 10-01-2016, 03:46 PM
TNtech
Site Moderator-Dodge Tech
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts

The amplifier is the audio output to the speakers, not the radio.

Old 10-02-2016, 05:43 AM
Chet Ubetcha
3rd Gen Ram Moderator
Received 16 Likes on 16 Posts

Sounds like the same thing that happened to mine. Same thing happened to the Sony replacement I put in, too. Power and everything else works on it, but no sound through the speakers.

Old 10-04-2016, 04:12 PM
Lundberg

Originally Posted by Chet Ubetcha
Sounds like the same thing that happened to mine. Same thing happened to the Sony replacement I put in, too. Power and everything else works on it, but no sound through the speakers.
Do you have the infinity system? If you do did you bypass it when installing the new Sony or did you hook the Sony to the Infinity amp?

Old 10-04-2016, 04:14 PM
Lundberg

Originally Posted by TNtech
The amplifier is the audio output to the speakers, not the radio.
Thru as it looks now I might haft to bypass the amp to get it working.

Old 10-05-2016, 12:06 AM
Chet Ubetcha
3rd Gen Ram Moderator
Received 16 Likes on 16 Posts

I believe we bypassed the amp -- a buddy of mine helped me put it in (read: I have no idea what I'm doing, and he does).

Old 10-05-2016, 12:44 AM
Lundberg

Originally Posted by Chet Ubetcha
I believe we bypassed the amp -- a buddy of mine helped me put it in (read: I have no idea what I'm doing, and he does).
Okay, so if you bypassed it but stil got the same problem whit the Sony the problem can't be the amp. I really don't want to spend a lot of money changing the stereo and then get the same problem whit the new one. I read that some people hade the same problem because battery was getting old. Changed my battery yesterday and the stereo was up running again. But after I started the car two three times the sound was gone again. Was hopping it was a powerproblem.

Quick Reply: Problems whit Infinity sound system