3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

03 1500 ram revs high

Search this Thread

Old 11-29-2016, 09:14 AM
claudio vaccari
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 03 1500 ram revs high

I have a 2003 1500 ram. I bought it use, it reads 160k but last owner said he replace motor 80k miles ago, he had no papers to show for so im not sure if true. a mechanic checked it out with me and he said there was a big possibility that something was done to it . little after I bought it it overheated do to the gasket in water pump was bad, I wemt ahead and replace thr whole thing. a week later went to a gas station and went I got back to my truck it wouldn't start, called mechanic and he said to hit the tank a couple of times and crank it and if it starts to get my butt home so i did, I might had a bad fuel pump. I went ahead and replace it with new one and nothing, cleaned out the lines and nothing, changed the sensors next to the throttle body and nothing, cleaned the throttle body and nothing, no codes came back when put a tester to it. I found the truck revving really high and kind of getting stuck and bugging out a little when pressing gas. pressing the gas is the only way to start it also before changing the sensors I couldnt put it into gear because it'll shut off now it doesn't do that but still revving high. PLEASE HELP!!! the guys at the dodge dealership couldn't come up with anything else besides what I've done already

Old 11-30-2016, 09:44 PM
p38251
Record Breaker
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If you just put another motor in it, take it back to them.