3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Michelin Edgeliner Floor Mats for your RAM

Search this Thread

Old 01-19-2017, 09:30 PM
TNtech
Site Moderator-Dodge Tech
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts
Default Michelin Edgeliner Floor Mats for your RAM

https://en.edgeliner.com/

I volunteered to post first impressions then a full review of these for the forum members. Currently I have a 2007 Ram 1500 Quad Cab with Mopar Slush Mats that I'm not happy with AT ALL and was looking into getting a set of the premium aftermarket ones. I knew of 3 or 4 particular brands, but have yet to see the Michelin ones in person. I get to see quite a few trucks at work every day and am always looking at what other people are doing to their trucks. Even the $50K-$70K trucks. I didn't feel confident about dropping a couple hundred bucks or more on anything I have seen so far, as they didn't impress me as far as quality look and feel for the money.

I live a dirty, manly existence..... in an auto shop and frequently get into muddy yard/tree work, fireworks shows in cow pastures, etc and I've utterly destroyed the carpet in every truck I've had. I also spill coffee like nobody's business. See current old floor mat pic below. I need something that will stand up to my work boots, digging my heel into the floor and getting in and out of the truck in nasty situations. I also use my floors as storage for god knows what I might happen to be hauling around.

First initial impression: They were way heavier than I expected taking them out of the box. Seeing the thickness of them, it made sense. I haven't seen one this thick from any manufacturer as of yet. The first pic I shot was at an angle so you could get an idea of the thickness of them.

Second: The depth of the channels. It crossed my mind to see how much liquid I could pour into these before they ran over...lol...stay tuned!

Third: The coverage area was more than I expected, especially the back. At first, I thought they sent me the wrong back floor mat, but they were just extremely tight. Well, tight isn't really the word. It was like they were poured into the floor actually.

Fourth: The flexibility compared to certain other mats I've looked at. Some of them are like a hard, plastic like bowl and some tend to have edges that roll up due to their rigidity. Only time will tell if these will get rigid and roll up on the edges, but given the "rubbery" feel, I don't believe they will any time soon.

Fifth: When I first got in the truck and dug my heel in to shift around in the seat, I could feel the traction they had against my boots. No slipping and no mat shifting at all. It felt like they were factory installed floor pads TBH.

For now, that's all I can muster as far as an initial review, but there will be more pics coming in the next couple days.

Feel free to ask me anything that comes to mind. Thanks for your time....

Attached Thumbnails Michelin Edgeliner Floor Mats for your RAM-eldriver.jpg   Michelin Edgeliner Floor Mats for your RAM-20170119_173934.jpg   Michelin Edgeliner Floor Mats for your RAM-mopar-slush-driver.jpg  

Last edited by TNtech; 01-21-2017 at 05:07 PM.
Old 01-21-2017, 05:11 PM
TNtech
Dodge Forum Moderator

Pics in better lighting 2007 Ram Quad Cab.

Attached Thumbnails Michelin Edgeliner Floor Mats for your RAM-backright.jpg   Michelin Edgeliner Floor Mats for your RAM-backright2.jpg   Michelin Edgeliner Floor Mats for your RAM-front-low.jpg   Michelin Edgeliner Floor Mats for your RAM-rearall.jpg   Michelin Edgeliner Floor Mats for your RAM-rearmid.jpg  

Michelin Edgeliner Floor Mats for your RAM-rightfront.jpg   Michelin Edgeliner Floor Mats for your RAM-driver.jpg  

Last edited by TNtech; 01-21-2017 at 05:14 PM.
Old 01-31-2017, 02:42 PM
Michelin EdgeLiner
Former Vendor
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

We're glad to hear you got a good first impression!

Old 08-31-2017, 08:29 PM
josephmopardirt

Looks like 2 different floor mats - a one piece and a two piece... which is it? my old floor mats are about the same. as yours except the passenger side has nail polish and there's a decent hole in the driver's mat cuz it couldn't keep up over the years with my lead foot

seat covers are always a good thing too so you can retain resale value or just flat out replace when they're dirty. you can usually find some that are similar to your originals in color or even black vinyl is always a nice touch. and dont forget to scotch guard, even the stuff you're covering up

the farther south or the hotter the place you go - you'll want to cover the dash too, to keep it from fading and eventually cracking.

Old 09-03-2017, 11:57 AM
TNtech
Dodge Forum Moderator

Originally Posted by josephmopardirt
Looks like 2 different floor mats - a one piece and a two piece... which is it?

That would be BACK and FRONT

Old 09-03-2017, 12:46 PM
Gary-L
Legend
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Those look nice. When I bought my 2007, I opted for the All Weather floormats. They're better than stock, but they also have a Floor Liner option.

Old 02-08-2018, 10:58 PM
Dodgefreak8

I have these floor mats and I've discovered an issue.. I've had my new ram 1500 limited in for warranty work twice for soaked carpet under my driver side mat. Both times were after a heavy snow and I was convinced I had a sunroof or windshield leak. In the second visit the service tech and I were looking at the design of the floor mat and seem to have pinpointed that my $320 set of Michelin edge liners were the culprit... I was entering the vehicle with snow covered boots. After it turned to water it would run to the edge near the door and leak out on the carpet next to the kick panel where there is no lip to control the liquid. It also gets funneled to the carpet near the seat on the same edge. Needless to say I'm not happy. .

Old 02-08-2018, 11:04 PM
Dodgefreak8

These are the 2 areas water is funneled to the carpet. ..

Old 02-09-2018, 12:22 AM
TNtech
Dodge Forum Moderator

I made them aware of the fit issue on the newer Rams back last year after I went around the dealership fitting them in different models. They don't go back far enough against the seat frame. There is an arch in the carpet that stops them from sliding back farther. All I got was crickets............

Old 02-09-2018, 09:29 AM
66three83
Captain
Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

I have Weather Tech. Perfect fit, and they will never run over onto the carpet. They drain over the sill rail. You can run a garden hose on them and your carpet will stay dry. Believe me, I am a perfectionist, slightest bit of dirt, and I break out the vacuum! 2006 Mega Cab