3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Autotap question

Old 02-26-2017, 06:23 PM
Dave7000
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Autotap question

I just bought a used 2008 dodge ram with a 5.7 Hemi from a small hole in the wall dealer, seems like a good truck and all and I havent had an issue until now. I threw a check engine light, truck went into limp mode and wants to shut off. I attempted to investigate it by plugging in a scan tool. The scan tool wouldnt connect with the truck, I started looking under the dash and discovered this autotap module and an abundance of extra wiring to go along with it. Does anybody know anything about this module and that system? I looked at thier website and it looks like its a computer program for your pc. I would like to remove this tuning or whatever is done to this truck through this module and leave it at a factory setting. as well as have the ability to plug in a scan tool so i can troubleshoot my issues even further. Any help would be great!

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Autotap question