3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Engine coolant is low..

Search this Thread

Old 03-27-2017, 04:59 PM
Phock
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Engine coolant is low..

Engine coolant is low in over flow container .. wanted to add some fluid in there to get it back to min level. Went to autozone bought some g05 noticed when I got home it's green and not pink like the current fluid in the overflow tank. Going to order OEM fluid off Amazon, was reading in the comment section that it's freakin orange and not pink!? lol I'm sorry I'm a complete noob, was the fluid orange in my truck from factory and turned to the pink color from use!!? Obviously want to order the right stuff this time so I'm not sitting on a bottle of unusable coolant like I currently am with the green stuff.. THANK YOU IN ADVANCE

Old 03-28-2017, 09:05 AM
HemiLonestar
Banned
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

What year? They went from orange to a more purple fluid over the years. I don't know how compatible they are, but it is a well known fact the older green type is not and if you mixed it with the orange stuff it bad things can happen. They react and gel up.