3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.
Old 08-13-2015, 03:57 PM
How-Tos on this Topic
Last edit by: IB Advertising
See related guides and technical advice from our community experts:

Browse all: Interior Guides
Print Wikipost

Installing factory uconnect

Search this Thread

Old 07-07-2007, 10:00 AM
bchase
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Installing factory uconnect

ORIGINAL: AcemanMCT

So for bchase, as I mentionedin my previous post... and I will try to be a bit more clearer:
I just plugged in the mirror harness to the LX harness that I bought from Ted.
Ok this is the part I am having a problem with you can't do this. There is a plug at the end of the mirror harness but there is no plug on the LX harness that matches that plug only six wires..........So if I got it right you guys are saying clip this plug off and match it up with six free wires on the LX harness?? Ok I'm good with that next is the other three wire for dimming part of the mirror where do those go??? to the plug that is in my A pillar??

First picture is the plug on the mirror harness
Second picture is the" LX Harness" Hooked to the Black Box and the connections that go to the back of the radio.

[IMG]local://upfiles/65909/7D6F06927E5D4C31AF8209466AC5EDDE.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]local://upfiles/65909/514AC4B264784D9DBF6D4FE988E4A49E.jpg[/IMG]

Old 07-07-2007, 01:43 PM
AcemanMCT

Hmm, maybe it's a different harness. Call Ted. He can help you through the rest of it.

Old 07-23-2007, 09:57 PM
jringold

All-

This thread goes back a ways and I was wondering if there was any new developments in installed factory uConnect. I have an ’06 RAM SLT Thunder Road with trip computer (factory), REC Nav radio (I bought on eBay and installed myself), and Dealer uConnect (that I installed myself then learned of it’s limitations – aaaggg!). Anyway, wondered if anyone has put together a ‘turn key kit’. I found a dealer in NJ that has put one together for the LX but would not guarantee if it would work for the RAM – if it would work then it’s a good price. For $379.95 you get:

4806228AB – uConnect mirror
5089051AB – wire harness
5064013AV – voice module

Chiledude posted back in Jan that the part # for the mirror is 5064017AE and harness is 56051317AC. Wondering if the parts list above will work for the RAM. Any thoughts – I can’t even find 5064017AE or 56051317AC when I do a search on the dealer’s site. Also, know if anything else is needed?

Lastly, is having the dealer perform a starscan actually necessary to make everything work? I read that somewhere in a post. However, the less I have to do with my dealer the better. They wanted to charge me $2K for the REC nav unit and another $250 to install it. Bought it on ebay for $900 and figured out the install myself (GPS antenna was a *$#@ to install under the dash!!!).

Thanks! Can’t wait to get factory uConnect going in my RAM!

Morgan

Old 07-23-2007, 11:06 PM
AcemanMCT

MOrgan,

Read back in this long thread. I had posted specific instructions about the harness and a phone number for Ted (who has the special LX harness and all the parts and goodies needed), to get it working in a 2006 RAM, which as you can see in my picture, that is what I have. And yes, I had it put on a Starscan just to tell the CAN the unit now exists.

You will be glad once you get it done. You are almost there.

Old 07-23-2007, 11:20 PM
jringold

Cool! I'll call Ted in the AM. I was really hoping not to have to go back to my dealer. What can I expect once the unit is installed but not 'scanned' - will I know if it's working or not? Also, I readsome on this thread and several posts on other threads that there may be an issue with Sirius. A day without Blue Coller Comedy in my 2 hr per day commute would not be a good thing! :-) (needI evenmention channel 198???)

I really appreciate all the great posts here. I've been looking up info off an on for the past week or so and was about to give up until I found this thread.

Old 07-24-2007, 10:59 AM
jringold

Called Ted. Very nice dude. He has a turn-key kit but it is out of my price range - $624. I'd really like to upgrade the dealer kit to factory but I can't justify $600 just to get caller id on my Nav radio. I was prepared for about $400. I guess I got the same sticker shock aswhen I went to buy an SRT!

Old 04-05-2008, 06:23 PM
possompup1

Iam making my harnessa littledifferent . I want it to goall the way up andplug into the mirror . Does any one know the part # for the 12 pin connector that plugs into the mirror.
thank you
later possompup1

Quick Reply: Installing factory uconnect