3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Anything wrong with these brakes??

Search this Thread

Old 04-05-2008, 12:46 PM
RamItOne
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Anything wrong with these brakes??

http://www.autozone.com/R,APP1136145...ductDetail.htm

http://www.autozone.com/R,APP1141715...ductDetail.htm

at 32k, fixing a 1000+ mile run while pulling about 8,000 pounds so i want to put in new brakes. im just gonna turn the rotors for now. other than that long haul, i dont tow much at all so im not concerned about needing oversized brakes.

my buddy and i put duralasts on his 02 RCSB and they stopped his truck a lot better than mine did at just 15k miles.

Old 04-05-2008, 12:56 PM
derricksmash
V6 Ram Moderator
Default RE: Anything wrong with these brakes??

i guess they're alright. just buy ther brakes that autozone offers w/ lifetime warranty. it's a pretty sweet deal. whenever they go bad, go get some new ones and get rotors cut.

Old 04-05-2008, 01:56 PM
RamItOne

those were the only breaks i saw on their site. how are they going to warranty a wearable part?

Old 04-05-2008, 03:12 PM
synrgy

Just went into Autozone last month to get a set of brake pads and they noticed on their computer that I bought the lifetime pads last time. Just took the old pads in when I changed them and they gave a full refund. Was a bit surprised

Old 04-05-2008, 03:13 PM
derricksmash
V6 Ram Moderator

ORIGINAL: RamItOne

those were the only breaks i saw on their site. how are they going to warranty a wearable part?
i'm not lying. they warranty them, and i figured they just played the 'lose your receipt game', but someone above just said he didn't even know, and they informed him...lol.

as i told you in a pm, i've exchanged the maximas liek twice, cause they were squeeky (they were ceramic)...no charge.

also, their website is dumb, go in there...and they actually have some quality stuff. they're gonna give you like a list of 45 pads to chose from, and like 6 different pads with lifetime warranties.

Old 04-05-2008, 04:11 PM
SeVeReDiStOrTiOn
Record Breaker

ORIGINAL: RamItOne

You have to bring them back before you hit metal and the pads have to have normal wear...meaning you can't have grooved rotors that chewed up your padsand expect them to give you new pads. From what I was told they're pretty much amiddle man...they give you the new pads and ship the old ones off to the manufacturerin the new pads box.

Quick Reply: Anything wrong with these brakes??