3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Aftermarket Keyless Issue

Search this Thread

Old 08-19-2006, 01:32 AM
PatriotBlue06
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Aftermarket Keyless Issue

Okay, so this is my first post. I've been a reader for some time though.

So here goes, I have a 2006 Ram, and it didn't come from the factory with power locks. I had them installed today with Autopage Keyless. I had them install the option that makes the parking lights blink. Well, they blink, but on my instrument cluster the fog light indicator comes on when they blink, and I don't even have fog lights. Also, all the interior lights come on as if I had the parking lights turned on, because the parking lights do in fact stay on for a short while after I either lock or unlock the doors. This is especially annoying since after I unlock the doors and open them I get the annoying chime because its like I manually turned on my parking lights. I was wondering if there was anything I can do to fix this, or when I take my truck to the place where I had the locks installed if there is anything I can let them know to do.

Oh, and I would've had them install the horn beep option, too, but they said it doesn't work with Dodges. They told me if they did install it, it would only beep sometimes and not all the time. Is this true. Also, since they installed the power locks, if I try to manually lock or unlock the locks using the little nub, they kinda stick instead of having that nice, smooth former pop they had before. Anything I can do about this?

Whew, sorry for the long post, but I just want everything to work right. Thanks for any help!

Old 08-19-2006, 07:19 PM
Specialz232
Default RE: Aftermarket Keyless Issue

that sucks man, i got an 05 and i had powerlocks installed, and a new scurity system installed and i dont have that probum. Might be someinthg wrong with the system they installed

Old 08-19-2006, 11:54 PM
PatriotBlue06

Okay, so I took it back in and I told them what the problems was, and they told me they could turn off the feature where the parking lights stay on for 30 seconds after you lock or unlock the doors. I had them do that, so now the lights just blink when I lock or unlock the doors, and since the lights don't stay on, neither do the interior lights. This keeps that annoying chime from going off. Not perfect like the factory keyless, but I can live with it. They pretty much told me Dodge's were just difficult like that, and that for them to even install the parking light flash feature, they had to go through a whole mess of wiring complete with a few resistors. I guess I've learned I just need to buy a truck that comes with keyless from the factory.

Old 08-20-2006, 04:16 AM
marv02
Captain

I been looking to purchace a after market keyless entry system my self with system do you have so I know not to buy that one.

Is there any other Brands of Keyless entry systems that work on the 2006 trucks, I also need to install one on my wifes 2001 Ram.

Both trucks have the factory power lock already just need the comand units and remote units this will be a self installation.

Quick Reply: Aftermarket Keyless Issue