3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Headliner Removal

Search this Thread

Old 11-11-2006, 12:39 PM
wcease
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Headliner Removal

Want to add clearance lights to my 06 3500 Quad Cab CTD. Need to know if anyone has details of how to remove the headliner without just guessing. Have the overhaed console but nothing else extra.

Thanks
Bill Cease

Old 11-12-2006, 12:29 AM
vwomein
Professional
Default RE: Headliner Removal

I did it to put a drop down tv in the roof. It was not too hard. It was a while ago, or I'd give more details. I do remember that it was really easy to drop the headliner, but it just does not come out of the truck easily. You should be able to install the lights just by dropping the headliner down.

Old 11-13-2006, 04:04 PM
motorhead426
All Star

I had my headliner replaced a while back, because it was separating from the sun roof trim. I was there at the dealer when they replaced it, and I helped the guys get it back in the truck. You'll have to start by removing all the pillars, like the "A" Pillar where the handle is when you get in the truck, and also the "B" Pillar where your seat belt is bolted to. I don't think you'll have to remove anything from the rear of the cab, if your just lowering it low enough to get the lights installed. It shouldn't just fall down either, because there is velcro holding it up, so you may have to give it a slight tug/pull to get it to drop. Just be careful that you don't damage any of the ceiling light connectors. Hope this helps.

Old 11-14-2006, 01:32 PM
NYMegaCab

Just did that last weekend on my Megacab. Remove the A pilars with (i believe) 10 mm sockets, bolts 2 in each side, inside the assist handles. Then use torx wrench to remove the sun shades - 3 screws each, that was easy. Then you have to remove the sun shades inner holders close to the overhead display. Those are tricky, I broke one a little, no big deal. You have to pull down the lower part of the 2 piece assembly, that will release the clip inside, then you remove the whole thing. Then you have to remove the lenses of the overhead lights (the ones that you push to turn the light on and off inside). Use tiny screedriver to unclip them of the hinges. Under them there are 2 screws holding the display up plus 2 more puch clips. Pull gently wholee assembly down.

In the passenger side a pillar there is ready plug for the clearance lights. I did not use the Mopar OEM, just some aftermarket ones but I still tapped into the white wire of the harness. And I used silicone between the lights and the roof. I used one from HomeDepot used for gutter sealing. Works great, had few heavy rains already and not a drop inside.

my email if q:

my_stop@yahoo.com

hope it helps some

Old 02-15-2007, 12:22 PM
Gone

Thank you !!! I had planned on Dealer install, but now I will do it myself.

Old 02-23-2007, 03:02 AM
bradt53

So glad I found this forum. I looked all day for this. I got a good deal on factory lights along with a templateand had came to the conculsion that I was gonna to buy a service manunal to see how to pull it down without tearing up the 2006 mega cab .

Many Thanks. I think I'll do it this weekend. Should I put some silcone around the factory gasket on the lights or will the foam seal with the two screws that hold it.(looks sort of weak to me a small bead shouldn't hurt at all)

Brad

Quick Reply: Headliner Removal