3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

help please

Search this Thread

Old 09-24-2009, 05:11 PM
badfish88
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default help please

i made this post a while ago but diddnt get any thing back......still havent fixed it. so its a 2004 hemi ram qcsb. i have no parking lights, and with the head lights on only the front headlights are on, no side orange lights in the front and no tail lights....and no lil license plate lights. i tried a haines manual wiring digram and nothing, so i ordered an dodge truck assembly manual from dodge......all of my problems seem to trace into a park lamp relay.....in the fuse box,,,,,, i tried switching the relay out of my dads truck 2004 2500 diesel.same fuse box but it diddnt work,,... but heres the kicker a wile back my ambient air temp sensor went bad and i tried the same thing, it diddnt work with his so i took it to the dealer and they told me they need to reflash the computer to "accept the sensor" and it worked......... could this be the same problem.......... any one else ever had this the dealer want 150 an hour to trace the problem so im not that excited to just say here i dunno whats wrong with it.............please help it sucks not driving at night

Old 09-24-2009, 05:46 PM
dazed01
Veteran

Looks like power is supplied by the battery through fuse 15 to both sides of park lamp relay. when the front control module(park lamp relay control) in the integrated power module grounds the control side of the relay, the relay sends power through fuse 34 to the rear lights. Fuse 34 and 32 for the front parking lights. All that runs through the IPM. I'm not a dodge tech but I'd start looking and making sure all the power and grounds are good.

Old 09-28-2009, 07:36 PM
jay8833

I'm having a similar issue. Have an '04 5.7 HEMI. Drivers side headlight only goes with low beams and passsenger side headlight only goes on with high beams. Also 3 out of the 4 blinker lights don't work. Checked all of bulbs with a meter and checked the fuses and relays. Parking, reverse lights and brake lights run fine. Looking at the Haynes wiring diagram all the lights with issues run through the forward control module or front control module (FCM). Paid close to $300 to the stealership and replaced, but still having the same issue. Do I have to re-flash it. Any help would be appreciated.

Old 10-18-2009, 04:28 PM
jay8833

Update: I finally changed the power distribution center (fuse block) and it finally fixed all of my lighting issues. Apparently there is an issue with the chip boards inside the PDC that are known to corrode. I do not recommend getting one from an auto salvage since those will probably have the same corrosion issue.

There was nothing wrong with the FCM so I re-installed the old one. Unfortunately the dealership does not accept returns on any electronic components. Anyone interested in purchasing a front control module (FCM). Check out ebay links. I have a new one and used one. Part numbers are 56051036 and 56049681.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Dodge...#ht_500wt_1182

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Dodge...#ht_500wt_1182

Last edited by jay8833; 10-18-2009 at 04:37 PM.