3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

03 ram defrost, vent , floor hvac problems

Search this Thread

Old 12-01-2007, 06:10 PM
chopperzen
Veteran
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: 03 ram defrost, vent , floor hvac problems

How difficult is it to get to the blend doors? Mine works properly between the positions, but my problem is getting heat on the driver's side. I've been told it was the blend door. Is it broken or stuck closed? The A/C works perfect on the driver's side..

Old 04-07-2008, 09:30 PM
jstmahoney
Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have the same issue the blend door. Is there a fix yet?????????

Old 04-07-2008, 10:09 PM
PyRoHAvoC
Professional

having similar issues ... ordered the blend door from parts/service (member here and nice guy) and it will be my weekend project ... keep you guys posted ... only thing i'm taking it to the mechanic for is to discharge/recharge the coolant

Old 04-07-2008, 10:17 PM
jstmahoney
Captain

My concern is that I will fix the blend door, and then it will break AGAIN somewhere down the road. And it's a pan in the @$$ to do it. I was hoping they would come up with a mod. I know that someone made a metal blend door that fits the jeeps.

Old 04-07-2008, 10:32 PM
PyRoHAvoC
Professional

ORIGINAL: jstmahoney

My concern is that I will fix the blend door, and then it will break AGAIN somewhere down the road. And it's a pan in the @$$ to do it. I was hoping they would come up with a mod. I know that someone made a metal blend door that fits the jeeps.
your concern is a real one ... after discussing it with parts/service (a member here very knowledgeable and nice guy) he said that dodge has finally switched manufacturers for this part and they've seen a stop/slowdown in the vehicles that return with the same problem ... that was enough for me

Old 04-07-2008, 10:50 PM
jstmahoney
Captain

Great news!!!! I would really rather order the part directley from him. I wouldn't put it apst them to give me an old one that they have nad in the back room for 2 years. Yes, I know parts/service is a great guy and full of great info!

Old 07-11-2008, 06:02 PM
trapp40

ORIGINAL: chopperzen

How difficult is it to get to the blend doors? Mine works properly between the positions, but my problem is getting heat on the driver's side. I've been told it was the blend door. Is it broken or stuck closed? The A/C works perfect on the driver's side..
I am having this same problem. No heat on the drivers side and no AC on the passenger side. Will replacing the blend door fix the problem?

Thanks

Old 01-17-2010, 10:32 AM
bluecrab

Originally Posted by camaroboy8691
hey guys , im new to this furom , and also new to dodge stuff , i just bought my first 03 ram 2500 quad cab with a ctd last week

id take is back to the dealer where i got it but hes in illinois and im in pa sooo here i am stuck

when i have the vent **** on one setting it may take a few minutes before it goes there , sometimes i can have it on defrost and it will only go to the floor vents no matter where the **** is , sometimes i can put it on defrost and it will go right there , sometimes i can put it on dash vents and it will go right away and same with floor vents

its just really wierd , i asked a few guys on this drag race furom i go on everyday and a few said it may be the blend air door , it just seems wierd and makes me think it may be the actual control **** that is fualty

anyone came across this yet?

thanks ted
Well Ted I have the same problem. This is a issue with chryslers manufacturing. They us all plastic components on the heater mod and they do not last.
I have a 2994 1500 4X4 and have had it repaired for this during the warnnety and now that it is oiut of warrenty we are left holding the bag.
I'm a 30years into the repair business and this one will cost us some money. You are going to have to get the dash removed to find the issue or have it checked only at a dealer that has a scanner that can tell you which blend doors are bad.

Good Luck ED

Old 01-17-2010, 10:34 AM
bluecrab

Ted that bis a 2004 not 2994

Old 01-30-2010, 12:42 PM
Raypcote

On my 2004 the recirculate selection doesn't work, and I'm getting cold air in the cab. The selection of heat/cold seems to be okay. I dropped the blower, and sure enough the dorr right above it is broken. Can I push it in a certain position to block the outside air?

Quick Reply: 03 ram defrost, vent , floor hvac problems