3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Water pooling under back seat

Search this Thread

Old 03-03-2009, 01:55 PM
PhillyFireLieutenant
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Happened twice heavy garden hose stream and pressure wash.

Old 03-04-2009, 12:26 AM
BrianD215
Professional

I had a 2001 Mustang convertible that leaked all kinds of water. The water would come in around the top somewhere and leak into the area the top dropped into behind the seat. Then it would roll down into the trunk and sometimes the rear floor boards. I tried for 3 years to figure out exactly where the water was coming in around that stupid canvas top. Eventually, I just gave up and learned to live with it. I drilled drain holes in the spare tire well so the water could escape and I just threw out the trunk liner. I just made sure anything important in the trunk sat right on top of the spare and it stayed dry. The rest of the trunk would get all sloshy. Then I would drive around hoping someone would crash into it so I could get rid of the POS.

Eventually, I just traded it in for my Ram. I do not miss that car. Not even a little bit. :-)

Old 03-04-2009, 07:07 AM
MikeHTally
Champion
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Similar problem on my Gen 2 was the CHMSL. Just had to remove it and run a bead of silicone around the base.

Old 03-04-2009, 02:17 PM
weedahoe
Hall Of Fame
Hall of Fame Member
Received 19 Likes on 18 Posts

My first place to check would be the 3rd light as others have said. I had it happen to me also when I changed it out to an aftermarket light.

Old 04-12-2009, 11:41 PM
bigjad

I have an 08 quad cab ,and i noticed a leak at the top/middle of my window.The dealer first replaced my third brake light completly, when that didnt work ,they took out and reset /sealed the rear window. no more water so i guess that was it.

Old 08-03-2015, 03:23 PM
Starwatcher
Default Water under rearseat

Have had my new Ram 3 weeks now. After 21 days of rain here in Tampa, Fl. I found the storage under rear seat FULL of water. I have the rear window but found the leak coming in thru the third brake light. Took it out and siliconed the seal, hope that takes care of it before the next rain.

Quick Reply: Water pooling under back seat