3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.
Old 08-10-2015, 03:38 PM
How-Tos on this Topic
Last edit by: IB Advertising
See related guides and technical advice from our community experts:

Browse all: Lighting Guides
Print Wikipost

How to adjust headlights?

Search this Thread

Old 03-05-2007, 10:38 PM
BgBluRam
Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default How to adjust headlights?

Hey all, my truck has been lifted for about 6 mos. now and I still have not adjusted the headlights down, and I am sick of being flashed by everyone when I am going down the road with my low beams on. What is the best way to adjust the headlights?? And how do I do it? I tried to search this topic, but didn't find a post that really clearified the steps to me. If anyone has done this, and can help, please do!! Thanks a lot!

-Bgblu

Old 03-06-2007, 04:33 AM
hemiman07
Professional
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: How to adjust headlights?

Open the hood and you will see two torx screws. They are on the inside of either light, they look like they adjust left and right but they adjust up and down. Use a #20 torx.

Old 03-06-2007, 04:45 AM
BgBluRam
Captain

Thanks I'll try that tomorrow.. Appreciate it.

Old 03-06-2007, 05:25 AM
Ricker
Professional

Yeah I found out the hard way what those torx were. I was trying to take off my headlights for the first time and I saw these square torx bars so I just started cranking away. After a while and no progress I then found the bolts and asked myself "what the hell was I turning?" It wasn't till that night when I got behind a black pickup that I saw the reflection of my headlights on his tailgate. One was pointing to the sky and the other was pointed at the car next to me. Needless to say I spent a good while in front of a wall readjusting the lights. If I remember correctly, the torx screw on the outside of the headlights moves the lateral motion and the one below the headlight moves the vertical motion of the reflector.

Quick Reply: How to adjust headlights?