3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

fabtech lift not true 6 inches

Old 03-29-2007, 07:57 PM
buffgator
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default fabtech lift not true 6 inches

My freind and I both have 03 1500 qc 4x4. We both got our trucks lifted at the same time, I whent with the 6in fabtech, he whent with the 6in skyjacker. He runs 33s and I run 35s. The thing that pisses me of is his truck sits right level with mine only running 33s. I do some research and find out that the fabtech lift is truly more like 4.5in of lift, while his skyjacker is a true 6in of lift. Im way mad, I paid way to much money for what I thought was 6in, not 4.5. I mean give me a break it only took 3in blocks to level me out. They had to put like 5in blocks on his to level him out. Both trucks where done at the same shop, I was worried at first that they made a mistake and got me a 4.5in lift, but nope they showed me the order it was 6in. Any way this happened like 2 years ago, I finaly decided to vent it out though.

Old 03-29-2007, 08:03 PM
hemiyellow
DC Insider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: fabtech lift not true 6 inches

man if that was me then i would been callin fabtech up and tellin them you want your money back or somethin...i wouldnt have put up with that crap for 2 years

Old 03-29-2007, 08:30 PM
sharpshooter
Veteran

to bad its 2 yrs later

Old 03-29-2007, 08:41 PM
buffgator
Rookie

Yeah, I dont know if there is just a variation in height, or if all there 6in kits sit lower than 6. I have seen other posts on forums other than this where people have complained about not getting a full 6in. Who knows? Maybe fabtech ment its six if its lifted and than torqued up.

Old 03-29-2007, 10:27 PM
dirtydodge02
Banned

You could always crank up the torsions and get taller blocks for the rear...

Old 03-30-2007, 12:27 PM
Tailbuster
Rookie

it depends on the manufacturer, my Pro Comp Lift was supposed to be a 6 inch lift, but after I did some checking it was 6 inches in the front and 4.5 in the rear. Now I know that it is done this way to compensate for the truck being somewhat unlevel, but they need to advertise this information better. Which is obviously what happened in your case, I would complain to the manufacturer anyways.

Old 03-30-2007, 12:41 PM
Yellowsally
Rookie

I am no expert, but I have installed lift kits to 4 or 5 of my last trucks/Jeeps, none of them came out to be what they claimed. For example maybe the front came up 4" and the back 2.5" and so on. If your goal was to run 35's then you got it. I don't understand why you are upset. Were you just trying to be taller than your buddy? My experience is that the least amount of lift to clear your tires is better when you use itoff road. I'm not trying to make anybody upset, but I just don't understand the complaint.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: fabtech lift not true 6 inches