3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

2006 Dodge Ram 2500 - COLD INTERIOR

Search this Thread

Old 01-08-2010, 11:50 AM
hiperf2007
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry 2006 Dodge Ram 2500 - COLD INTERIOR

I'm hoping somebody can give me a little information before I jump into this. I bought this truck new back in 07. I guess I didn't really notice it before because the truck was used very little in the past winters. We are using it a lot this winter with all the snow here, but we have noticed that the floor is colder than HELL. When the **** is set on 'floor', 1/4 of the flow comes out on the floor and the rest is still coming out of the 'def'. If we are in it for over and hour, it's gets so bad we need to put heavy things lined up on the dash to cover the def openings just to force the air to the floor. That even works so-so. Then on the passenger side, the wife claims up under the dash over by the door, there is COLD air blowing on her legs. WTF. I have noticed that most of the driver side problem there is cold air coming out from under the seat. My 06 dodge is bad enough were we have to stick sweetshirts under both our seats and the wife needs another blanket on her right side to stop the air from blowing on her. What is the deal with this? I love the truck other than this problem, but it's bad enough to question wtf is wrong with the design.
HELP?!

Old 01-08-2010, 01:22 PM
mcgoo89
Veteran

Do a quick search for "blender door" should answr your questions... Its a horrible design

Old 01-09-2010, 11:41 AM
hiperf2007
Rookie

Kinda pissed to find out it's going to cost $25 for the part(s) and $800 in labor. I prob would spend it if 1# I knew it was the problem and 2# the fix would fix the problem, but it's sounds like people are fixing it over and over again. I would like to see where it breaks. Maybe a person could make the door stronger before it's installed.

Old 01-10-2010, 11:13 PM
hiperf2007
Rookie
Exclamation possible fix from others...but need info

Originally Posted by mcgoo89
Do a quick search for "blender door" should answr your questions... Its a horrible design
Thanks for the help. I did a search and found a whole mess of bitchin people. I ran across a website where a guy was saying remove the glovebox and reach up and feel if the circ-vent door is broke. I found out mine was. I removed the blower motor and reached up and pulled the broken door out. WOW did that ever make a difference in my blower push. My truck is nice a hot now even though the problem is not fixed, it made one hell of a different. I was told by this same guy he heard people have been just covering up the external intake vent that feeds the cir vent, and you won't have any more cold air coming in unwanted. I hardly ever use the A/C. 255 rule with me most of the time unless the wife is riding. I am thinking I can just cover this vent and screw outside air coming in, but where is this vent? I loosen and lifted up the cowl covering the wipers and saw no intake there....Where is it so I can try and cover it?
Thanks!

Quick Reply: 2006 Dodge Ram 2500 - COLD INTERIOR