3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Project: Blackout - COMPLETE

Search this Thread

Old 04-21-2010, 11:02 AM
bigmac18
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Project: Blackout - COMPLETE

Just put the finishing touches on my "Project: Blackout"
Painted the wheels! I used Plasti-Dip spray paint. No sanding or primer, just a good wash and degreased, then sprayed away. I LOVE the new look! I may be looking for something a little more permanent down the road, but this will hold me over until then.

On to the Pics!

** I know, I know, I need to get the front windows tinted BAD! after over $400 in tint violation tickets, I finally gave up and removed them....damn State Trooper!

Old 04-21-2010, 11:03 AM
98cherryram
Record Breaker

Wow! Sweet looking truck! Looks real nice altogether!! And just to inform you, its never done hahahahahahah! ;p

Old 04-21-2010, 11:11 AM
bigmac18
Veteran

Thanks!
Originally Posted by 98cherryram
Wow! Sweet looking truck! Looks real nice altogether!! And just to inform you, its never done hahahahahahah! ;p
I'm WELL aware of that! The truck isn't done, Just my "Project: Blackout"

Now it's on to the Stereo and Speakers!

Old 04-21-2010, 11:27 AM
98cherryram
Record Breaker

You can still black out more Like tint those fog lights, get some nice hid's in them, then tint them. The headlights are already nightrunner headlights so your good there, but your taillights look like they could use some nightshades if you arent going to get new black smoke led taillights... just a thought. Which probably means you could do the same for your 3rd brake light. Just throwing some ideas out there hehehe.

Old 04-21-2010, 11:48 AM
kx250frider617
Record Breaker
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i would get vinyl sticker that is black and cover up the orange reflector strip on the headlights, the debadge, black out the ram head on the grill too.

Old 04-21-2010, 11:51 AM
98cherryram
Record Breaker

Tint the front windows

See, we all have good ideas on how to spend more of your money!

Old 04-21-2010, 12:29 PM
Off_Road_Teacher
Banned

Love it!

Old 04-21-2010, 01:15 PM
dublduty
Professional

Wow, that is one black son "O" bitch!!!!!!!!!!!!! Looks good....wish mine was black!

Old 04-21-2010, 01:40 PM
rocket23
Champion

Originally Posted by kx250frider617
i would get vinyl sticker that is black and cover up the orange reflector strip on the headlights, the debadge, black out the ram head on the grill too.
You nfoegot too say like rocket23's ride hehehe, Thought it was a n/runner myself till I saw the huge badge. Yep debadge and I can swell you some n/runner headrest patches for ten bucks each. Pm. if interested, they iron-on to your headrests btw. Well done , a very nice blacked out truck!!

Old 04-21-2010, 01:40 PM
bigmac18
Veteran

You can still black out more Like tint those fog lights, get some nice hid's in them, then tint them. The headlights are already nightrunner headlights so your good there, but your taillights look like they could use some nightshades if you arent going to get new black smoke led taillights... just a thought. Which probably means you could do the same for your 3rd brake light. Just throwing some ideas out there hehehe.
I've thought about tinting the fogs, I tinted the Hellas behind the grill already (bet ya couldn't even see them)

The tailights are already tinted with nightshades. I've got a second set I may tint darker? (and they do look darker in person)

I'm way ahead of ya

Originally Posted by kx250frider617
Thought about this too. I am one of the few that actually likes the amber strip. Call me weird, but I think it breaks up the black just a little. Same with the badge on the grille. But I may shoot it with some Plasti-dip to see what it looks like, and if I don't like it, just peel it all off?

Tint the front windows

See, we all have good ideas on how to spend more of your money!
Check the last line in my original post, under the last picture
I'm already looking into getting that done.

Last edited by bigmac18; 04-21-2010 at 01:43 PM.

Quick Reply: Project: Blackout - COMPLETE