3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Request for help - Mygig - Clock

Old 01-31-2011, 08:47 AM
clarkjm
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Request for help - Mygig - Clock

I have a question for those on this forum which has me completely stumped. First some background. I have an 06 Ram 1500 megacab. The radio that was installed was a 6CD/AM/FM/SAT radio. The dealer activated a 3 month Sirius trial account for us. Everything worked well and we enjoyed the radio and Sirius (still two months to go).

Now I begin to make mods to the system. I have added a Mygig Nav RER unit (08 low speed) replacing the old radio. When I swapped out the radio it was connected with just one antenna plug, and that went to the AM/FM jack behind the unit. Nothing else installed on the back of the radio. I installed the GPS antenna under the top dash cover. There was no Sirius plug that I could find in the tangle of wires behind the unit. A version 3.0 Lock Pick is also installed.

I am able to receive the Nav signals and AM/FM signals. Sirius shows no signal as it should as there is no separate antenna connector installed on the back of the radio. I have updated the software on the Mygig to the current 2.4v and Gracenotes 2057. This did not fix the clock problem.

PROBLEM: Can't set clock. It is "stuck" on 12:00, every other function works correctly. Looking at the Engineering Menu Nav Screen shows the correct date & time. If I try to use either GPS clock, or user clock the system still shows 12:00. Could this problem be connected to the fact that I had a sirius connection prior to the radio switch? Do I need to remove the Sirius connector box and run a separate antenna for AM/FM and one for Sirius? Is there in fact a coupler under the dash that combines the radio/sirius radio signals into one cable? Suggestions?

Can someone chime in with some help in fixing this? Thanks, James "DoC"

Old 02-04-2011, 07:35 AM
clarkjm

Well, seventy people looked at this thread with no replies. No one has any idea of what could be wrong or how to fix it? Ok, thanks anyway.

Old 02-04-2011, 08:27 AM
weedahoe
Hall Of Fame
Hall of Fame Member
Received 19 Likes on 18 Posts

Sorry, all after market gear here.

Old 02-04-2011, 08:05 PM
06 Ram5.7
Veteran

The RER radio has a built in Sirius receiver, all that plugs into the radio is the antenna, which for Sirius, it's the yellow plug on the back of the radio (blue is GPS and white is AM/FM radio). As for the clock, the Mygig radios read the time off a module, which the 06 Rams don't have. There is no actual clock in the radio, which makes no sense to me. For this, you need a “clock fix” update, which is an “unofficial official”, as it's based on the official Chrysler updates and comes from Harmon (the maker of the radio) but is not officially approved by Chrysler. It tells the radio to use the time from the GPS signal. Go to http://mofv.com/mygig/ and search for clock fix updates in the Mygig forum, and you can download the update from there, and you can find the steps needed to create the CD and update the radio.

Last edited by 06 Ram5.7; 02-04-2011 at 08:07 PM.
Old 02-05-2011, 09:16 AM
clarkjm

Thanks, that fixed the problem. I now have a working clock. DoC

Old 02-05-2011, 10:02 AM
weedahoe
Hall Of Fame
Hall of Fame Member
Received 19 Likes on 18 Posts

Excellent, glad you got it resolved.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Request for help - Mygig - Clock