Dodge Charger The Dodge Charger. The car that made its competitors shiver in the 60's is reborn in 2006 into a sleek sedan that can still send the competition home wimpering, the Dodge Charger.

Idle surge

Old 03-27-2006, 06:17 AM
baldyloxs
Record Breaker
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Idle surge

Has anyone had an Idle Surges while your car is running or going down the road like 200-300 rpms?I have noticed the past couple days its been bad,not really sure if its due to the tuner or not.The other forums peeps have been saying they started getting them after the newest update on the tuner.In my case I didnt do the newest update till today,and have had these problems for about one week now.I guess I will check my MAF sensor (mass air flow) you guys and gals got any other Ideas?
Thanks Marty

Old 03-27-2006, 07:40 AM
Daytona RT
Professional
Default RE: Idle surge

About all I can report is at Idle or Rest (in gear) I am getting alittle surge.. or *Lope* somewhat like you might expect with a performance cam.. Its intermittent and has not been an issue once my unit is warmed up. I've actually enjoyed the effect.. sounds like a very large contented cat..

Brian

Old 03-27-2006, 10:22 AM
baldyloxs
Record Breaker

same here,but while its sitting there and warmed up also .

Old 03-27-2006, 01:01 PM
74scamp
Record Breaker

I've also experienced this while sitting still. Not sure I've noticed it while just crusing down the road. But every once in a while, while sitting at a stop light, it will surge - sometimes kind of hard. I've also noticed that every once in a while, it seems to stumble on hard acceleration. Have either of you guys noticed this?

If there is a new update, I haven't done it. I only updated what was available when I installed the program.

dave

Old 03-31-2006, 03:48 AM
baldyloxs
Record Breaker

I havent noticed it yat Dave with the new setting but i let mamma drive it most of the time.

Old 04-01-2006, 02:28 PM
dodgeboy64
Rookie

Try some drygas the good isopropyl stuff. We get so much bad gas here in PA it isn't funny. I worked in a dealership for 8 years and half of the driveability complaints we got traced back to bad gas, and not the kind you get from eating beans and cheap beer. As soon as one of my cars does't start immediately or has a little stumble, I dump in a bottle, problem goes away. Hope this helps.

Brian

Old 04-03-2006, 01:34 AM
baldyloxs
Record Breaker

thanks brian I will give it a shot the next time I fill up

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Idle surge