General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

AC drain hose, clogged

Old 04-25-2006, 08:30 PM
Jeeperbabe
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default AC drain hose, clogged

Please HELP, me locate where it is....
I have a clogged AC drain hose ( had same problem in a Jeep a couple years ago.).
I have a 2003 Caravan Sport, PROBLEM: wet floor on passenger side, Looked and can not figure where hose is, Please help with location, so I can clean it out....Thank You for any help....

Old 04-27-2006, 01:13 AM
tenntech
Professional
Default RE: AC drain hose, clogged

This model caravan probably does not have a actual drain hose, but just has a small black plastic tube that sticks out of the passengers side firewall. there is no easy access to the tube, but it is probably easier from the bottom of the vehicle. You will probably find that it is not stopped up, but the water is coming out the tube and running back through the firewall. If this is the problem, there is a tsb to install a o-ring on the tube. The o-ring part # is 68001994AA. If your dealer does not have this part # see if they can match you up a L-shaped drain hose from another vehicle to slide over the short exsisting tube.

Old 04-27-2006, 06:49 AM
casper
Legend
Default RE: AC drain hose, clogged

Take some silicone and put it around the hole where the pipe comes out. Run a piece of wire or somethin in the drain hole and your done, lol.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: AC drain hose, clogged