Dodge Neon The sport compact car that took the world by storm. the Dodge Neon. Depending on the trim level you get, this sporty ride has something to offer everyone.

cruise control fuse location?

Search this Thread

Old 06-15-2004, 12:49 AM
km
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default cruise control fuse location?

Hello, could someone tell me where I find the fuse for the 1995 dodge neon cruise control. My daughters cruise just quit working and I was hoping that maybe only a fuse needed to be replaced. I read a post somewhere identifying it being located in spot number 25 of the power distribution center, where do I find that? Thanks so much!

Old 06-15-2004, 02:38 PM
techmanbd
Record Breaker
Default RE: cruise control fuse location?

I have a 2004, but I imagine it is close to the same, and the power distibution center will be under the hood next to the battery. Looks like a black box.

Old 06-15-2004, 04:27 PM
lvd2340
Amateur

Best i can tell from a wiring diagram i believe that it's fuse #25

Old 06-15-2004, 05:25 PM
b_s_d
Professional

Our '96 doesn't have cruise control specific fuses. The control electronics are integrated into the PCM, so any blown fuses affecting the cruise control would likely cause other noticeable problems.

Have you checked to see if fault codes have been set? Finding a 34 (speed control solenoid circuits) or 77 (S/C power relay circuit) could help narrow down the problem area.

The general diagnostics in the Vehicle Speed Control System section of the 1997 shop manual available on line at http://www.neon-owners.org/neon/tech...ls/1997/GO.PDF should be very similar to your '95. There are a number of possible causes that shouldn't be that expensive to fix - especially with used parts. Hope you are lucky!

Old 06-15-2004, 09:54 PM
gabesn200sx

One other thing to check is if any vacuum lines are missing or torn. If there is a vacuum leak then there is not cruise. The cruise control should look like a vacuum drum with a bracket around it and some type of cable going to the throttle body where the accelarater cable would be. Right next to the black intake manifold.

Old 06-19-2004, 01:50 AM
km

thanks for the suggestions, I have also noticed the ABS brake light on in the dash constantly, is that related to speed sensor too. I will go to the link for the manual. Much appreciation for your help.
Km

Old 06-19-2004, 01:51 AM
km

I will look for leaks then too, thanks!
km

Old 06-19-2004, 07:30 AM
71RoadRunner
Legend
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

There is also a second fuse block inside the car. When you open the driver side door you will see this cover on the side of the dash, just put your finger in the indentation and pull the cover off. On the back side of this cover there is a diagram of this fuse block and it tells you the number, fuse sizes and what each fuse is for.

Old 06-20-2004, 01:36 AM
b_s_d
Professional

Suggest you check if the PCM has captured any fault codes for both the cruise control and ABS problems. Not all codes turn on one or more of the warning lights. Instructions for reading and interpreting these can be found at: http://www.neon-owners.org/neon/tech.../obdcodes.html

Quick Reply: cruise control fuse location?