Dodge/Ram Diesel Tech Discussions on all generations of Cummins Diesel powered Rams plus the new Eco Diesel

Just installed Edge EZ, check engine light on?

Old 05-23-2006, 12:11 AM
RedRacer44
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Just installed Edge EZ, check engine light on?

Ok, just got my Edge EZ in today and installed it a few hours ago. After installation, I started the truck and it was kinda rough starting then after it started my "Water in Fuel" light and Check Engine light came on....did anyone else have this issue? I dis-connected the Edge EZ and hooked everything back factory. Started it up, everything was cool. Hooked the Edge back up and it fired right up but my Check Engine light is still on. I test drove the truck with the Edge, runs great....everything works. Carefully watched gauges and seen nothing strange going on.

Just wondering about my Check Engine light, do you think the Edge set off a sensor? Or will it go off after a few miles? I had a Diablo PowerPuck on my '02 Cummins, the Check Engine light came on for sometime but soon went off...

NEED HELP!

Old 05-23-2006, 12:41 AM
RedRacer44
Rookie
Default RE: Just installed Edge EZ, check engine light on?

Just check what codes it was saying.....

They are:

P0341
p0340
P0192
P0269
P0652
P0237
P0069

Old 05-23-2006, 11:27 AM
Drew
Professional
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

you received a bad box, get ahold of Edge and RMA that bad boy back to them.

all the ones I have seen plug straight up and do not throw any codes.

Old 05-23-2006, 10:30 PM
RedRacer44
Rookie

Called Edge today and 1st off, I'd like to say...I was VERY impressed with their tech support. They were extremely helpful and werent trying to place blame on me, my truck, or something else.

Anyways....the tech said that every now and then, the Edge EZ will throw codes and that the codes it was throwing was nothing to worry about. He said to drive the truck for a few days and the computer should reset itself. He said, if it doesnt...call back and they'll send me another box. Well, I was very happy after the phone call and shortly afterwards I hopped in my truck to go to lunch....fired 'er up and the Check Engine light went off. Hoooray! Truck runs like a champ in all 3 settings. Very happy!

Drew, you have the Edge correct? Do you mostly keep it on Level 1 or Level 2? Instructions say that Level 2 is the best all-around level for daily driving/towing but that Level 1 is best (and designed) for maximum fuel economy. I'm running Level 1 right now and it suits me fine. I'm thinking I'll run Level 2 just when I'm towing....

Anyways, everything is all good! Thanks Drew for the help! I got some gauges coming this week. Picked up the pillar pod with AutoMeter Phantom gauges off Ebay...should look pretty sweet. Just got Pyro and Boost gauges though...

Old 05-24-2006, 10:19 AM
Drew
Professional
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I dont have anything of the such. . .yet[8D]

Ive been around them enough to know what settings do what and after a while your gunna want to crank that bad boy to the highest setting and leave it there. Then after 1000 miles you'll be in the market for new rear tires

I'm working on my own mods through boost fooling the MAP sensor, all it is giving me is a slightly quicker spooling turbo and slightly better fuel mileage, but realy nothing to say it is a must do.

Old 05-24-2006, 11:20 AM
hancockbs

I'd be very interesting to know what your fuel ecomony does with the Edge.

Old 05-27-2006, 02:09 AM
RedRacer44
Rookie

I've ran 1 tank of diesel threw the truck with the Edge and running Drews PSD/MMO mix......21.7 MPG but I got in a lot of turnpike/interstate miles this past week so I figure daily driving around home/work probably get a solid 20 MPG I'm betting. Gonna order some kind of intake soon, hopefully that will boost a bit more and help the truck run even better.

So far just mostly been running it on Level 1 with about 75 miles running it on Level 2 just to see how it works. Level 1 suits me fine for my daily driving....

FYI, ran neck and neck with a new Mustang GT the other day up to 105 MPH It never pulled me, hahaha! That was just with Level 2 setting....of course it mighta been a horrible driver in the mustang but it still made me grin!

Old 05-29-2006, 04:36 AM
RedRacer44
Rookie

Ok, as I stated before....my check engine light did go off. Truck is running great. I was curious today and turned my ignition on/off 3 times.....still threw up all the engine codes as stated above. I dont get it....

What do ya guys think? Drew do ya still think its a bad box? I'm gonna call Edge on Tuesday and see what they say. I thought about having my buddy who has the BullyDog scanner tool hook it up to my truck and clear the codes but I'm gonna check with Edge 1st. They said if I had anymore issues to get back with 'em and they'd send me another box...so we'll see what they say.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Just installed Edge EZ, check engine light on?