The definitive cab / clearance lights for 4th gen ram pics and info

Old 05-28-2012, 10:24 PM
Arachnyd
Veteran
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default The definitive cab / clearance lights for 4th gen ram pics and info

OK, so I spent almost a year trying to get good info and finally got around to the install. I found no pics, no info anywhere. Everyone said "connect it to the a-pillar- theres no connection there in the 4th gen... so here ya go. I also (per the recommendation of a lot of people on here) put in 10 LED bulbs instead of the OEM bulbs.

Pics with the lights on and off:

Some "how to" info:

Light Bulbs:

I heard a lot of complaints about the factory bulbs burning out, so I bought 10 LED bulbs that were the same size as a standard bulb instead. Any larger LED bulb and it won't fit. The brightness is also about equivalent to a factory light (as you can see). I think they look great and they should last a few years!

Did I pull the headliner? NO!

First I drilled the holes, then I fed the wires through with help of some extra wire by removing the overhead console (To remove the overhead console, pull the trim in front of the map lights, it will pop down. Disconnect the wires above it, and then theres another "pop" piece in the middle (4 total, 2 front 2 middle), then the rear slides out from under the headliner). I then fed the wires through and it took only about 30 minutes. I also fed the green wire down the left a-pillar, and out the little nipple the guide says to.

Where did I connect the power lead?

Follow the mopar directions (here if you didn't buy the mopar set: http://moparestore.trademotion.com/m...s/K6860443.pdf). Supposedly if you have an 09 or maybe a '10 the wire listed is there... however on the '11s the wire listed is NOT the correct wire (I found this the hard way). However, I did identify the same wire listed, but instead of tapping at the fuse block, I tapped at the harness closer to the headlight. Its the green/white wire shown here. This is the left amber light but NOT the turn signal feed! Its right in front of the fuse box.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: The definitive cab / clearance lights for 4th gen ram pics and info