Intakes (CAI, Drop-ins, TB Spacers)

Search this Thread

Old 07-14-2009, 08:48 PM
mikescott28
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The service manager at the dealership said that putting a CAI on my truck would void the warranty. Is this true or is my dealership just blowing smoke? I thought I would just take it off if I had to get it serviced, but they also said that they would be able to tell if I had changed the intake once they hooked into the computer.

Old 07-14-2009, 09:05 PM
chambers
Record Breaker
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

They can't void the warranty due to a CAI, the manager is full of it. Of course there is little restriction in the stock intake so an AEM dryflow drop in may be the best of both worlds.

Old 07-16-2009, 09:29 AM
buckarcher
Veteran

Originally Posted by chambers
They can't void the warranty due to a CAI, the manager is full of it. Of course there is little restriction in the stock intake so an AEM dryflow drop in may be the best of both worlds.

I think this is what I will put in until they make a intake that hooks up to the challenger hood.

Old 07-27-2009, 11:20 PM
h20man

Originally Posted by RamPhreak
Has anyone seen or have picks of the Mopar CAI yet? I am really wondering if it will receive the CARB cert....
For sale here http://www.moparsupercenter.com/engi...&mode=products. So is it true that this CAI will not void warranty?

Old 07-30-2009, 07:59 PM
h20man

Ok I got an email reply that the store above is waiting on Chrysler to release the Mopar CAI. Not sure when or even if it will be released. Is it me or does it seem like aftermarket performance accessories are taking a long time for the 09 Ram.

Old 07-30-2009, 11:46 PM
BIGGS000
Rookie

I have a few questions about CAI:

Does anyone know or have a link to some blurb about how the XDI supposedly cools the air before entering the throttle body? I agree with some other people's first opinions; it seems more like a hot air intake.

Some people have recommended a high performance drop-in filter since the stock intake is a CAI. Since my friends have had good experiences with the Air-raid intake system, Air-raid's drop-in has caught my eye. Does anyone have this? What kind of changes have you noticed, if any? I mainly would like to get better fuel economy out of the intake since I don't do any hotrodding.

Lastly, my friend has the Air-raid intake system on his '08 Ram and he got a 3 MPG increase here in HI. Does anyone know what it is about CAI that cause this great of an increase. To me, the only difference between stock and the Air-raid is that the Air-raid is sealed by the hood and it has the cotton gauze filter. Considering that, it would seem that I could get similar results with just the performance drop-in.

Thanks for your anticipated help on this!

Old 10-02-2009, 05:52 PM
deeko2007
Professional

hey doc! I was looking for that intake on autoanything and i couldn't find it. Could you maybe give me the link? thanks, how much better did the mpg get? looks sweet as hell!!

Old 10-06-2009, 08:16 PM
chambers
Record Breaker
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by deeko2007
hey doc! I was looking for that intake on autoanything and i couldn't find it. Could you maybe give me the link? thanks, how much better did the mpg get? looks sweet as hell!!
True flow is out of business so it will be hard to find one of the XDI's for the 09.

Old 10-07-2009, 01:26 AM
Doc Fluty
Banned

i might be selling mine in the next few weeks..AEM owes me a free intake.. once that comes in i will test em both and decide which one ima keep

Old 10-12-2009, 10:12 PM
CarGuyOhio
Admin formally known as 94rt10ohio
Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

I really do not want to get into a he said she said but a CAI can potenitally void your warranty. Just depends if the failure can be pinned on the mod. Someone in the 3rd gen section had a deny on a warranty repair after hitting a big puddle and sucking water through the CAI into the engine.

TrueFlow is out of business? Guess that tells the tale on that CAI.

Quick Reply: Intakes (CAI, Drop-ins, TB Spacers)