4th Gen RAM general discussion/NON-tech This section is for general discussions about your 4th gen RAM. Non tech related RAM threads belong here.

Mufflex DOD24M

Search this Thread

Old 06-24-2009, 08:17 AM
buckarcher
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I think the cats handle most of the back pressure. Not sure about the warranty though. They will probably try to contest warranty work any way they can.

All I know is that I paid for a high performance engine and it should sound like one. Ordered mufflex this morning.

Old 06-24-2009, 08:48 AM
stealthgoat
Professional

Originally Posted by M15
Good question. Ya did any of you guys feel an increase in performance? or a loss?
I have no loss of low end performance on mine, it actually feels like it woke it up some.

Old 06-24-2009, 09:20 AM
Northern Ram

I also have to agree, it does feel like she woke up a bit with the new muffler.It also seems to get a little better mileage now as well, maybe due to a little less back pressure??
Either way I am happy enough to put the same muffler set up on the wifes truck.

Old 06-24-2009, 11:49 AM
smokeNhope

I put on the DOD18M yesterday, and I feel the truck is a little more sluggish at low-mid, maybe slightly more power at high rpm, just seat of the pants feel. However the computer will need some time to learn the new flow rate, I think in time it will get better... Also kind of wish I would have went with the 14 inch, but we will see once this one burns in.

Old 06-24-2009, 01:33 PM
Twist
Rookie

Thank Stealthgoat for the review on the 24". i have been holding off on getting one until I heard something good or bad about it. Like you, I want better sound, but quite on the highway. Sounds like a good one for me. My truck has 10K miles on it so I bet taking the system apart will be tougher then yours was - lol

Old 06-24-2009, 02:26 PM
stealthgoat
Professional

Originally Posted by Twist
Thank Stealthgoat for the review on the 24". i have been holding off on getting one until I heard something good or bad about it. Like you, I want better sound, but quite on the highway. Sounds like a good one for me. My truck has 10K miles on it so I bet taking the system apart will be tougher then yours was - lol
Twist,
Glad I could help you out, I was in the same boat as you, I couldn't find anyone who had the 24's on their truck, But I'm very glad I went with the 24, you get great sound on take off and once up to highway speed it quites down just like the stock muffler. I don't think you'll have to much of a problem getting your old system apart, the clamps that they use from the factory are not like the old style that pinch a small bead into the pipes, the new style of clamps are like 1 1/2" wide and don't crimp or pinch into the pipes at all.

Good luck with your new system.

Old 06-24-2009, 05:18 PM
topgun
Captain

How loud would you rate the 18" on the highway? Is there any drone? Rumble is one thing but a harmonic drone I would want to stay away from. My 05 had that after a MBRP Cat Back at right around 2,000 RPM. Had to install a Resonator to fix but then lost a bit of the rumble.

Old 06-24-2009, 05:27 PM
buckarcher
Veteran

My stock exhaust has really come along this past week. 2700 miles on it. Just wondering if the 14 will be too much. I'll post a review in the FAQ section

Old 06-24-2009, 06:00 PM
stealthgoat
Professional

Originally Posted by topgun
How loud would you rate the 18" on the highway? Is there any drone? Rumble is one thing but a harmonic drone I would want to stay away from. My 05 had that after a MBRP Cat Back at right around 2,000 RPM. Had to install a Resonator to fix but then lost a bit of the rumble.
Topgun,
There is a guy that has a video on youtube with the 18"s and he has the dreaded highway drone, that is what made my mind up to go with the 24"s

Old 06-24-2009, 06:08 PM
topgun
Captain

I saw that one. Thanks.

On the 24", is there a noticable difference over the stock Sport muffler?

Quick Reply: Mufflex DOD24M