4th Gen RAM general discussion/NON-tech This section is for general discussions about your 4th gen RAM. Non tech related RAM threads belong here.

Attention,attention!!!!!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 05-13-2012, 01:24 PM
ridem high
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy Attention,attention!!!!!!!!!

My truck caught on fire this morning,setting in my driveway!Don't know how it started.Was awakened from a loud boom,looked out my front door and there my truck was on fire,flames shooting out all around my hood.I ran back to my bedroom and the wife allready had my boy in her arms.I told her to quickly go up to my grandmothers with my boy.I called 911...I ran as hard as i could towards my wifes car,which was parked next to my truck,the heat was almost unbearible,but i started it,and got it out of the way,and also drove it up to my grandmothers house,(only about 300 ft) away from my place.I run again back to my place,and enter my home,grabbing my check book,cell phone,wifes purse,anything of importance,because the vinyl siding was starting to buckle from the heat.At this point in time,the fire truck showed up,the crew bravely unrolled fire hoses,and put out my truck before the flames reached the bed of my truck,and so glad the gas tank didn't blow up!Now that was a close encounter!!Glad I was awakened by the boom,or else me and my family could have been burnt alive.............The fire started under the hood,and swept its way to the cab........Thank GOD we are ok.......

Old 05-13-2012, 01:47 PM
pavement_hater
Veteran

Sorry to hear. But glad you and the family are ok.

Old 05-13-2012, 01:54 PM
Mikeyyy816
Record Breaker
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Well first off, glad to hear you and your family are all okay! Sorry to hear about the truck.

I just responded to your other post, sorry to hear about the loss. But man I don't see how it could of just caught fire with it just sitting in the driveway. I honestly wonder what could of done that. I do know when I had a 2001 Ranger they had a recall to install an jumper fuse in the "cruise control switch" bc if not the switch can leak internally and might start a fire at any time.....but that's all I've ever known off...I know it's not RAM related, just thought I'd throw that out there. Once again, really sorry to hear about the loss!

Old 05-13-2012, 04:04 PM
InterpunX
Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Wow that is crazy, I honestly think I would cry if that happened to my truck. Please let us know what the he'll happened,. Did your battery blow up orsomebody blew it up? Good everybody is ok, objects are replaceable just remember that.

Old 05-13-2012, 04:12 PM
ridem high
Veteran

Thanks for putting me in the comfort zone InterpunX,it really did help.It sucks though that I totally babied this truck,and something like this happens.Like a nightmare on Elm Street movie,trying all i could do to keep my truck from burning down,the fire was to large.....I just don't understand what could have happened to it!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 05-13-2012, 07:19 PM
Cmerritt84
Captain
Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Please put up pix of the carnage.

Old 05-13-2012, 07:20 PM
Cmerritt84
Captain
Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Maybe the TIPM shorted out? If it started under the hood I'd say that's a likely culprit.

Old 05-13-2012, 07:45 PM
plumcrazy73
Captain

i have heard of door window switches catching fire if you get the wrong thing down there it chemicals or even get it too wet with water)

Old 05-13-2012, 07:56 PM
Pedro Dog
Record Breaker
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

WOW, I'm really glad to hear everyone is fine, sure sounds like a terrifying experience. I imagine that the fire dept is doing some kind of forensic investigation? maybe the police or insurance? I have no idea what under the hood would cause a loud boom (did a tire blow up with the heat?), and usually a electrical fire is more smoke than anything else. One thing for sure, if the truck caught fire for any design issue, Chrysler is going to get involved. Best of luck.

Old 05-14-2012, 12:39 AM
Midnite-CTD
Amateur

Wow, sorry to hear this, glad you and your family are all ok! Be interesting to see if a cause can be established. Keep us posted and best of luck...

Quick Reply: Attention,attention!!!!!!!!!