4th Gen RAM general discussion/NON-tech This section is for general discussions about your 4th gen RAM. Non tech related RAM threads belong here.

added EVIC gauge cluster to my st ram

Old 02-29-2012, 10:39 AM
AlbertaRAM
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by EDS451
If memory serves, it should be a snap on. Can't see mopar (or any manufacturer) spending time to screw on a faceplate when you can just snap it together.
I really like my upgrades. Wish I had added the XGM (individual tire) sensor display when I added the RDZ. Dealer now is reluctant to add.
Good luck.
Oh XGM is just for that? Good to know! Is that all that is needed for the tire sensors?
Thanks!

Old 02-29-2012, 08:15 PM
ram10
Amateur

have any pics?

Old 03-01-2012, 08:09 AM
Jonny3000
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I took my display apart. It is only the snap on clear cover but I'm not sure if you can order it by itself. I do have my old display that has the snap on. Let me know if you want it. Find a Mopar shop or another dealer for the code.

Old 03-01-2012, 08:12 AM
AlbertaRAM
Professional

Originally Posted by Jonny3000
I took my display apart. It is only the snap on clear cover but I'm not sure if you can order it by itself. I do have my old display that has the snap on. Let me know if you want it. Find a Mopar shop or another dealer for the code.
Thank-you! I will see if my stock one fits it once I get it. I'm thinking it should. As long as I don't break it

Old 03-08-2012, 06:53 PM
AlbertaRAM
Professional

Well I finally got the wheel and cluster in... having some issues.

First off after I got them installed (but did not make the wiring changes yet) I brought it to the dealer to have the sales codes enabled (RDZ and XGM). Since the StarScan tool is only for vehicles older than '09 we had to use the new system - however there is NO RDZ code to be found in it. We plugged in a 2010 RAM that came with factory radio controls and still, no RDZ. What were you guys using to enable that option?!

Secondly since my tire pressure was showing all 0's we flashed the XGM code for premium TPMS. After it was installed it says "service tire sensors" and shows "--" for all 4 tires.

WTF?!

The gauges all work at least! I will go ahead and add those 3 wires this weekend but I wonder if there is even any point since the other 2 things don't work.

I looked for RDZ for half an hour and still couldn't find anything for steering wheel audio controls. Are you guys sure that's the code??

Thanks in advance.

Old 03-09-2012, 09:43 AM
Jonny3000

To be sure about anything you should hook up the wiring scheme first. As far as the dealer goes, it's sounds like he is missing some updates for the starscan. My recommendation would be to try another dealer or speak with John at after-hours Mopar. My truck is 2011 and we were able to add codes adjust mileage per PCM, add stuff that didn't come stock. But you won't be able to get an accurate diagnose of the problem till you install the wiring scheme. I'm betting when you do that, alot of your problems will get fixed.

Originally Posted by AlbertaRAM
Well I finally got the wheel and cluster in... having some issues.

First off after I got them installed (but did not make the wiring changes yet) I brought it to the dealer to have the sales codes enabled (RDZ and XGM). Since the StarScan tool is only for vehicles older than '09 we had to use the new system - however there is NO RDZ code to be found in it. We plugged in a 2010 RAM that came with factory radio controls and still, no RDZ. What were you guys using to enable that option?!

Secondly since my tire pressure was showing all 0's we flashed the XGM code for premium TPMS. After it was installed it says "service tire sensors" and shows "--" for all 4 tires.

WTF?!

The gauges all work at least! I will go ahead and add those 3 wires this weekend but I wonder if there is even any point since the other 2 things don't work.

I looked for RDZ for half an hour and still couldn't find anything for steering wheel audio controls. Are you guys sure that's the code??

Thanks in advance.

Old 03-09-2012, 09:46 AM
Jonny3000

What pics are you looking for?

Originally Posted by ram10
have any pics?

Old 03-09-2012, 04:49 PM
AlbertaRAM
Professional

Originally Posted by Jonny3000
To be sure about anything you should hook up the wiring scheme first. As far as the dealer goes, it's sounds like he is missing some updates for the starscan. My recommendation would be to try another dealer or speak with John at after-hours Mopar. My truck is 2011 and we were able to add codes adjust mileage per PCM, add stuff that didn't come stock. But you won't be able to get an accurate diagnose of the problem till you install the wiring scheme. I'm betting when you do that, alot of your problems will get fixed.
Well this mod has been a gigantic waste of time so far.

I just did the wiring that was required (checked it 3x) and put everything back together. Still no buttons working. I am thinking about putting it back to stock and getting rid of the cluster and wheel.

Checked at dealer again, NO RDZ code. Starscan hasn't been supported by any Dodge/Chrysler dealer since 2009. There is a new type of system for 09+ vehicles and it's up to date. There is no RDZ code showing as available for any RAM truck.

Did you have to get any extra codes put on for the tire pressure or does yours just show 0's?

Old 03-09-2012, 07:17 PM
AlbertaRAM
Professional

Noticed that when I have the cluster unplugged I am getting 7-8VDC (which is correct) on the Lin Bus (on both the cluster plug AND the steering wheel plug which I tapped into). However as soon as I connect the plug into the back of the cluster, I no longer get any voltage at the steering wheel plug Lin Bus. This thing is f'd!

Old 03-10-2012, 08:10 AM
Jonny3000

Look for the contact info down this thread for John at after-hours Mopar. Me and got mine working and from what I seen, everyone that has used this mod so far has had success. Probably something small that you have overlooked. Don't give up.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: added EVIC gauge cluster to my st ram