4th Gen RAM general discussion/NON-tech This section is for general discussions about your 4th gen RAM. Non tech related RAM threads belong here.

added EVIC gauge cluster to my st ram

Search this Thread

Old 03-10-2012, 01:06 PM
AlbertaRAM
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

So I finally got it to work! For some reason as soon as the cluster was plugged in it was shorting out lin bus to the wheel. Ended up getting lin bus power elsewhere and all is well.

No steering wheel audio controls yet (since we couldn't find the RDZ code to add) and the tire pressure sensor still giving error, but the EVIC controls itself are working now.

Thanks for the help!

Will post pics of the Long Horn cluster all setup and working in the ST. Looks good! I like how they are white during the day but black at night.

Old 03-10-2012, 01:07 PM
AlbertaRAM
Professional

Originally Posted by Jonny3000
Look for the contact info down this thread for John at after-hours Mopar. Me and got mine working and from what I seen, everyone that has used this mod so far has had success. Probably something small that you have overlooked. Don't give up.
I sent him an e-mail about the RDZ code now showing in the AllScan system (or whatever that new system is called). He asked for my VIN so maybe he can add it to the database on his end and then I just go to the dealer here and program it. Will post updates.
Thanks!

Old 03-10-2012, 08:45 PM
AlbertaRAM
Professional

Anyone happen to know the sales code for factory alarm? My truck didn't come with one but I added an aftermarket one but want the Oem alarm options to show in the EVIC so I can turn the horn off.
Thanks!

Old 03-13-2012, 07:44 PM
AlbertaRAM
Professional

Originally Posted by AlbertaRAM
I sent him an e-mail about the RDZ code now showing in the AllScan system (or whatever that new system is called). He asked for my VIN so maybe he can add it to the database on his end and then I just go to the dealer here and program it. Will post updates.
Thanks!
No luck... even he couldn't find the RDZ option. That plus the TPMS not working at all might be reason to pull it and go back to the orig setup.

Old 03-14-2012, 07:02 AM
Jonny3000
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by AlbertaRAM
No luck... even he couldn't find the RDZ option. That plus the TPMS not working at all might be reason to pull it and go back to the orig setup.
09 trucks have less features then the newer trucks. My last truck was 09 didn't have Tps sensors per tire just one sensor that measured the balance of the truck. So that's why there's no Tps code. Because there is no Tps setup. A warning light would come on or a notification on the evic. At least your control buttons work. It sounds like 09 have more issues because they are limited.

Old 07-25-2012, 11:19 PM
hunter99
Amateur

Hello, i'm new here but have been referencing this forum for quite a while and decided it was time to join. I have a 2011 SLT and wanted to add the radio control buttons. I actually got the leather wrapped wheel which looks like my factory one except the leather and the extra buttons.

Is there a good chance that the SLT model just needs to be plugged in and possibly coded? I have honestly searched and searched and never found much about the SLT model adding the buttons.

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

Old 07-26-2012, 09:27 AM
EDS451

Hunter, If you already have the EVIC, you have control of the radio. You can ask the dealer to print out your VIN and codes to see what you are missing.

EVIC mod update...everything works and very happy. Now that my warranty has expired, I will go back and add the XGM for individual tire sensors.

Old 07-26-2012, 07:23 PM
hunter99
Amateur

So I am guessing that the EVIC gives you access to a lot of features as you add them. I have one other question for now as, again, I cannot seem to find a clear answer. I have the opportunity to get a RER radio, that is pretty much new, for a good price. I can also get a used one for slightly less and it includes the GPS antenna.

The question is this. My understanding is the Sirius antenna on top of the cab already has the GPS part in it. Is this correct? From the picture I have seen of a GPS antenna it looks exactly like my Sirius antenna. Again I want to verify.

Is there anything I should be aware of buying an RER from someone else? I have already verified the part numbers and it is the correct high-speed bus. What about the lock code? It seems they may not have the. Neither unit is locked but can I obtain that if needed?

Sorry about all of the questions guys.....

Old 07-27-2012, 09:04 PM
Jonny3000
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by hunter99
So I am guessing that the EVIC gives you access to a lot of features as you add them. I have one other question for now as, again, I cannot seem to find a clear answer. I have the opportunity to get a RER radio, that is pretty much new, for a good price. I can also get a used one for slightly less and it includes the GPS antenna.

The question is this. My understanding is the Sirius antenna on top of the cab already has the GPS part in it. Is this correct? From the picture I have seen of a GPS antenna it looks exactly like my Sirius antenna. Again I want to verify.

Is there anything I should be aware of buying an RER from someone else? I have already verified the part numbers and it is the correct high-speed bus. What about the lock code? It seems they may not have the. Neither unit is locked but can I obtain that if needed?

Sorry about all of the questions guys.....

Just research the fact that there is a low speed and high speed radio. I have an rer and had it installed in my ram. It was a high speed or fast. Can't remember exactly the reference. The gps and Sirus all plug and play. Easy install. Get your mic in a good spot the ac vents will distort the mic. Also make sure you get the lastest updates Real handy if have an iPhone. Let me know if you want to know more.

Old 07-30-2012, 09:13 PM
hunter99
Amateur

So should I go with the mic retrofit kit or the mirror with the mic in it. My wife has a grand cherokee with the mic in the mirror and it is pretty clear. I don't mind going with the retrofit kit if it is pretty clear. I am guessing it also would be easier to wire the retrofit kit.

Quick Reply: added EVIC gauge cluster to my st ram