4th Gen RAM general discussion/NON-tech This section is for general discussions about your 4th gen RAM. Non tech related RAM threads belong here.

Thinking of buying a 2011 Ram 1500 Crew

Old 03-29-2011, 12:51 AM
jjb
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Thinking of buying a 2011 Ram 1500 Crew

I just joined the forum as I'm thinking of buying a new 2011 Ram 1500 Crew Cab.

I've looked at alot of different trucks and I have it narrowed down to a GMC/Chevy or the Dodge. I like the looks of the Dodge better along with its towing capabilities. I do like the 6speed trans on the GMC/Chevy though.

The dodge I'm looking at has a sticker of 41,305. The sticker shows that is has the 26Z Preferred package which includes the Hemi plus Big Horn etc... But below it it lists some of the items that are supposed to be included in the package. To me it appears they are charging multiple times for the same thing.

Am I missing something here?

This is a link to the window sticker.
http://www.dodge.com/hostc/getWindow...RV1CT1BS613374

Thanks

Old 03-29-2011, 01:52 AM
HEMI5150
Veteran

Originally Posted by jjb

I've looked at alot of different trucks and I have it narrowed down to a GMC/Chevy or the Dodge. I like the looks of the Dodge better along with its towing capabilities. I do like the 6speed trans on the GMC/Chevy though.

The dodge I'm looking at has a sticker of 41,305. The sticker shows that is has the 26Z Preferred package which includes the Hemi plus Big Horn etc... But below it it lists some of the items that are supposed to be included in the package. To me it appears they are charging multiple times for the same thing.

Thanks
Just a comment on the window sticker....
i believe the left side of the sticker is whats standard
and the right side of the sticker is what is overidden by the left side of the window sticker
Pay attention mostly to whats on the right side to see what the vehicle has for added options/upgrades

Just my personal opinion....
Buy the chevy, its the smarter choice.
The 6-speed chevy tranny is leaps and bounds ahead of dodge.
Ram = Really A Mistake...! The dodge truck quality is way over rated.
Take some time and read some reviews of other dodge owners on ALL the dodge forums and the problems with dodge`s.
I`ve been thru 2 brand new 2010 dodge trucks, BOTH had major issues i shouldnt of had to deal with.
I no longer own either of them, and very glad that i changed brands.
Good Luck in whatever you buy, as long as you`re happy.

Old 03-29-2011, 09:58 AM
BULLRAM
Veteran

jjb.......dont let scare you off, if you ONLY bought from vehicles made with NO problems at all, you would probably be on a bicycle, you can have problems with ANY brand, i have had ( 0 ) problems with my 2009 RAM, and I LOVE it, all manufacturers have problems, some cover it up and some just let it out, '
Drive both of them and YOU decide, see how it takes bumps on the freeway and side roads, check the performance ,and the mileage, then the looks, also, make a decision on your needs versus listening to us. And CHEVY also stands for
Cheapest Heap Ever Visualized Yet
Can Hear Every Valve Yell
Cannot Have Expensive Vehicle Yet
Crap Hasn't Evolved Yet

I own a chevy, and an original pontiac Trans AM 1979 so , I still like them, but dont think they are superior to any other.

Old 03-29-2011, 10:43 AM
pacific nw guy
Professional
Default hemi5150

Originally Posted by HEMI5150
Just a comment on the window sticker....
i believe the left side of the sticker is whats standard
and the right side of the sticker is what is overidden by the left side of the window sticker
Pay attention mostly to whats on the right side to see what the vehicle has for added options/upgrades

Just my personal opinion....
Buy the chevy, its the smarter choice.
The 6-speed chevy tranny is leaps and bounds ahead of dodge.
Ram = Really A Mistake...! The dodge truck quality is way over rated.
Take some time and read some reviews of other dodge owners on ALL the dodge forums and the problems with dodge`s.
I`ve been thru 2 brand new 2010 dodge trucks, BOTH had major issues i shouldnt of had to deal with.
I no longer own either of them, and very glad that i changed brands.
Good Luck in whatever you buy, as long as you`re happy.

THis guy is the exact reason the internet is tough to read....most people get on here to complain, not a lot of good reviews about anything-it really gets annoying at times.

My 2009 is perfect and an unbelievable vehicle. I have a friend who manages a chevy service center at a dealership. I am not impressed with chevy and never have been, also nothing rides like the dodge.

anyhow the point is the guy I quoted is a troll, someone who is always around to offer a complaint. Would you really want to listen to someone who spends his time reading this board and waiting to make a complaint? If it were me and I did spend the time to say my piece in a thread I would move on, he is lingering around like a lot of negative attitudes on the web.

anyhow the ram is an amazing truck.

Old 03-29-2011, 10:52 AM
jjb

My current truck is a 2006 Nissan Titan. Had to have the engine replaced at 60k miles because the cat failed and destroyed the engine. I've had the rear replaced and many many sensors. Also just had both front wheel bearings go at 69k. I love the truck but all of these issues are becoming a real pain. luckily Nissan has covered all of them.

Its time for a change.

Old 03-29-2011, 11:02 AM
Mikeyyy816
Record Breaker
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I had a Ford before buying my 2009 RAM HEMI and I love it so far. Like other members have stated, all brands have problems! I bought my truck almost a Month ago and love it everytime I get in it. This truck roses great and handles well on the backroads. Good luck with your purchase and decesion!

Old 03-29-2011, 11:50 AM
USAF1
Professional

I had a Ford F-150 for 6 years before this Dodge. No problems with the Ford to speak of. Have had the Ram for over a year and no problems with it either. Like the Ram so much better. Actually it rides better than my 06 E350 Mercedes. Ride with the coil springs in back is really nice (coils in rear only on 1500s). All makes models have problems.......

Old 03-29-2011, 12:04 PM
markgpz
Rookie

Originally Posted by jjb

Thanks
This truck is well equipped and the 3.92 anti-spin is the absolute "MUST" that many don't have. If the dealer can do $8,400 off of MSRP with the incentives and them lowering the price I'd call this a great deal.

Everything on the right side of the invoice is an upgrade or an addition to what comes standard on the SLT. It also lists a discount of $750 for the items replaced from standard in this package.... very nice.

Consumer Reports list the 4th gen Ram as a "recommended buy" and they have a report on their website that you can view if you'd like even if you are not a member.

Best of Luck!!!

Old 03-29-2011, 12:15 PM
rezonator
Professional

why does sombody that doent even have said vehicle come here to comment?

Old 03-29-2011, 12:16 PM
WNDERR
Veteran

We also looked at GM and Ford, when we were looking at trucks.

The Dodge looked nicer to us, rode better, and had a much nicer interior. Plus, the Hemi is awesome, and gets decent mileage.

We absolutely love our 2011 Laramie CC.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Thinking of buying a 2011 Ram 1500 Crew