4th Gen RAM general discussion/NON-tech This section is for general discussions about your 4th gen RAM. Non tech related RAM threads belong here.

Remote Start Options

Search this Thread

Old 12-12-2011, 10:24 AM
NoMoreGMsForMe
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The remote start will not activate the heated mirrors, you must push in the heated rear window symbol manually to heat up mirrors.

Old 12-12-2011, 02:15 PM
Nate769
All Star
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

It is possible to heat up the mirrors using aftermarket systems. U must get it professionally installed tho if you still have warranty.
With mine I have a factory starter already, but I added something called drone. I have the option of up to 10 aux ports, that I can choose how and when they come on. If I can control it with a negative relay trigger I can turn it on however the starter will allow. Because I have the Auto climate control my mirrors already do it automatically. But if I didn't I would just have to tap into that circuit with a negative relay trigger. Boom I could now have those mirrors come on even if the vehicle has not been started.
I have an auxiliary set for the sunroof. If the truck gets more then 25 celcius in the cab it will open the vent, I also have installed a moisture sensor so if it rains it will automatically close it.

These kind of starters also have things like if it gets to be -30 you can set it up to automatically start your truck for 10 minutes every 4 hours (other settings available) So that it would keep the fluids moving. Other things like automatically lock your doors if the vehicle has been stopped for 5-10 minutes.

Nice thing about this is I already had the factory starter so I just had to connect it via data link and an adapter. The aftermarket system and factory system work together to provide me with what I need. SO I can still use my factory fob to control the aftermarket system. As well as my smartphone from anywhere in north america. Best of all when I trade the truck in I can remove the adapter and whole starter and no one will know it was there.

Old 12-12-2011, 08:50 PM
Bestbrown2011

I love the factory remote start in my Laramie. The climate control system even makes it work sweeter. My only complaint is with the FOB. I have accidently started my truck while it was in my pocket. Wouldn't think it could happen but it has to me on several occasions.

Old 12-12-2011, 10:30 PM
rdculus
Veteran

That setup nate769 has sounds sweet!

Old 12-12-2011, 10:52 PM
53fireman
Rookie

When I had my '08, I ordered a Mopar system from dodgeparts.com and my dealer installed it and cut/programmed the keys for $100.
Here's a link for yours - it may be cheaper to buy it online and have your dealer install (call around to dealers and explain you have a MOPAR kit and simply want them to install and program).
https://www.dodgeparts.com/product_i...oducts_id/3010

Old 02-06-2012, 11:38 AM
ram1500rem
Amateur
Default New 2012 rem 1500 ST

Hello All....

I'm about to receive my new Ram.

ST with Power window/EVIC/3.7L but no FOB (reg key I guess) I've requested my dealer to install Remote Start (if possible with alarm and door unlock option) He hasen't came back to me yet as he doesn't seems to know if that feasable.

Any ideas ???

Thank

Old 02-06-2012, 12:31 PM
11RamR/T
Rookie

VIPER Responder One (2-way)
Green LED + chime confirms start - 2000' range
$300 installed

Limited range with factory 1-way & you only guess if it starts!

Last edited by 11RamR/T; 02-06-2012 at 12:47 PM.
Old 02-06-2012, 12:46 PM
Capn Preshoot
Professional

Originally Posted by ram1500rem
Hello All....

ST with Power window/EVIC/3.7L but no FOB (reg key I guess) I've requested my dealer to install Remote Start (if possible with alarm and door unlock option) He hasen't came back to me yet as he doesn't seems to know if that feasable.

Any ideas ???

Thank
I just danced this same dance... It definitely can be added to your ST

The official Dodge/Mopar part number for the remote start kit is 82212194. It comes with everything that is needed except the keys for the doors & tailgate. If you want those (recommended) they are p/n 68029829AB.

The remote start kit cost me $228 direct from the dealer. The keys were $28 each also from the dealer.

However, I do not know how much they charge for the installation. I read the instructions that came with the kit and it looks to me like approx. a 1 to 2 hour job depending on your skill level. I'm sure if you ask they can tell you what the labor charge is.

I only bought the "kit" in order to get the two extra FOBs (FOBIKs) that come with the kit. - That was the least expensive way to get them, because separately the dealer charges $190 apiece for them plus a $50 programming charge. Since I needed two I was looking at approx $450. I saved $100 by ordering the remote start kit. All I needed was the 2 FOBs - toss the rest of it. (I didn't of course, but the remainder of the kit is of no value to me as my truck already came with the remote start option). If you lived nearby I'd give it to you. - but you'd then still need to purchase the 2 FOBIKs (and optionally the 2 extra keys).

The remote start "kit" comes with: (items in the box)
- Hood switch wiring harness
- Wireless Ignition Module (WIN)
- Two new unprogrammed FOBs (FOBIKs)
- The antenna module & wire
- a new hood latch assembly
- 10 zip ties
- complete instructions in 3 languages with pictures

The reason for replacing the hood latch is that there's an interlock switch on the replacement hood latch to prevent someone from 'remote-starting' the engine when the hood is open. This is an obvious safety requirment.

The Wireless Ignition Module (WIN) is a complete replacement for your existing ignition switch module.

The antenna module gets installed along the firewall behind your glove box (the glove box has to come out)

Old 02-06-2012, 12:57 PM
ram1500rem
Amateur

Thanks capn-preshoot.

Very interesting... Will let my dealer aware.

Old 02-07-2012, 12:02 PM
DodgeCares
Champion
Received 26 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by ram1500rem
Hello All....

Any ideas ???

Thank
Ram,

In order for the factory remote start to work on your vehicle it must come equipped Sentry key theft deterrent system sales code GXX. See link below for applications.

http://www.mopar.com/part/82212424AB?s=335576&i=785230

Last edited by DodgeCares; 02-07-2012 at 12:14 PM.

Quick Reply: Remote Start Options