4th Gen RAM general discussion/NON-tech This section is for general discussions about your 4th gen RAM. Non tech related RAM threads belong here.

2009 ram dash removal

Old 03-20-2013, 09:05 PM
bxsnipe
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question 2009 ram dash removal

I recently purchased a Lockpick and want to install it myself I saw a utube clip that showed the removal on a 2009 Ram dash but mine has bucket seats and it seems that the trim around the shift lever has to be removed I can't seem to remove the chrome bezel around the gear shift I am afraid if I try to force it I will break it. It appears to be loose all around except for two places. Any help would be appreciated.

Attached Images  

Last edited by bxsnipe; 03-20-2013 at 09:09 PM.
Old 03-23-2013, 10:01 AM
oldjeep
Champion
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The FSM makes it sounds like it just pops off:

2.Using trim stick C-4755 or equivalent, remove shift bezel trim ring (1) and the shift cable cover (2).

Old 06-12-2013, 11:13 AM
SolarPLEX
Rookie

use a butter knife or something thin and work your way around it and pry gently. it has tabs that have ribs that friction lock. If you break it no big deal, i took mine out and put it back on and it dosent fit as tight.

Old 06-12-2013, 04:09 PM
War Horse
All Star

I used a fingernail file on mine when I installed the Mopar iPod connector. Just take it slow and pry a little at a time. Do it evenly and it'll pop right out. While out, you could also use the time to sand and paint it. I did mine and painted it matte black. Best mod ever. It seemed like the sun was always bouncing off it into my eyes. Death to the Bling Ring!

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 2009 ram dash removal