The dash removal process is really simple.
This is the process for those who have a center console in your 2009 Dodge Ram.
You will need a flat screwdriver, Phillips screwdriver, and a star drive screwdriver. (sorry don't know what size)
- Pop off the silver trim section around the shift lever. Just pull up it will come off easy. Just work your way around it slowly and it will come up without breaking.
- Remove the rubber section behind the center storage area box below the HVAC Controls. In there you will find 2 Phillips head screws. take those out.
- Remove the entire lower console section and set it aside. It just pops out. Just lift up the armrest and work your way around to pop it out.
- Remove the rubber piece inside the top storage slot right above the radio section. (It says DODGE on it) In there you will find 2 torx (star drive) screws that you will have to remove.
- Finally use a small screwdriver to pop off the trim section around the 12 volt inverter outlet (110 volt power plug) that is on the right of the console. You can see a small slot in there where you can pop it out from. Its easier to come at it from the top. Behind that trim piece is one more star drive screw you need to remove.
After removing the five screws the entire front panel can now be removed very easily. Just start at the bottom and work your way up and it will pop out easily. You will only be able to pull it out a few inches. Just enough space to disconnect all the wiring harnesses so you can set the panel aside to get your lockpick installed. The HVAC connection has a tricky removal process. Just press in with your flat screwdriver on the black tab and flip the gray section up to release it.
An extra set of hands to hold the dash panel is nice to have whiles removing the electrics, so you don't scratch it.
Just a note, you can start the vehicle to test your install with the dash off. Its going to give you an error message in the EIC it will be corrected when you reinstall everything. Just make sure the switch is in the off position before you hook up anything.
Thats about it.