4th Gen Ram Tech 2009 - 2018 Rams and the 2019 Ram Classic: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2009 - 2018 Rams and the 2019 Ram Classic. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Sunglasses?

Search this Thread

Old 04-10-2010, 11:24 AM
bremner44
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Sunglasses?

Any ideas about where to store my sunglasses other than the cheesy visor clip? I prefer something convenient and not visible to the public. My Sport with a sunroof doesn't have a sunglasses holder on the roof like a lot of vehicles do now. My previous car had it and it was very convenient. Thanks for the suggestions.

Old 04-10-2010, 12:25 PM
oldjeep
Champion
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I stick mine in the pockets that are on either side of the heater controls. Some trucks may have other stuff there and no pockets though.

Old 04-10-2010, 04:14 PM
Rocknfire
Amateur

I read somewhere that the storage space above the radio display that says DODGE on the back is a sunglasses holder.

Old 04-10-2010, 08:04 PM
Sobomaster
Record Breaker

Originally Posted by Rocknfire
I read somewhere that the storage space above the radio display that says DODGE on the back is a sunglasses holder.
Mine don't seem to stay there (maybe I take turns too quickly), but they sit nicely right in front of the center console storage compartment in that little "space".

Old 04-10-2010, 10:31 PM
bremner44
Rookie

Yeah mine doesn't fit above the radio either. I don't want to leave them out for the whole world to see either. I might just have to go with the clip...

Old 04-11-2010, 04:14 PM
CaliAthlete
Professional
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If you have the floor mounted shifter / center console, mine fit nicely right in between the cupholders and the shifter in that tray right there, and it's deep enough they're not obviously sitting there if you're worried about someone stealing them.

Old 04-12-2010, 07:24 AM
HRC
Rookie

Originally Posted by bremner44
Any ideas about where to store my sunglasses other than the cheesy visor clip? I prefer something convenient and not visible to the public. My Sport with a sunroof doesn't have a sunglasses holder on the roof like a lot of vehicles do now. My previous car had it and it was very convenient. Thanks for the suggestions.

Can't figure it out with all the the storage compartments and side pockets?

If not in the PERFECT stash box in front of the console shifter... then I'd suggest the upper console compartment(or lower) or the upper glove box(or the lower). You also have two side pockets... that would hold them or the case/holder. That's like 7 places. Pick one!

Old 04-12-2010, 01:30 PM
jugdish

I put mine in the little tray under the door handles. Works perfectly. My wife even has a pair of the big goofy glasses that all the hollywood chicks wear and they fit without a problem too. You would think that they would fall out, but they haven't once.

Old 04-12-2010, 01:34 PM
doraz
Professional

you have a sport with a floor shifter and you can't find a place for your glasses? what about the little tray below the center controls and in front of the shifter?

Old 04-12-2010, 02:14 PM
War Horse
All Star

I tried the Dodge tray up top and it didn't work worth crap. I usually stick mine in the bin on the left side of the radio (where the 4x4 controls would be). I used the little tray below the radio where the console meets for my iPhone cable and phone.

Quick Reply: Sunglasses?