4th Gen Ram Tech 2009 - 2018 Rams and the 2019 Ram Classic: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2009 - 2018 Rams and the 2019 Ram Classic. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Pioneer DD InDash Install

Search this Thread

Old 03-03-2009, 04:43 AM
kxwhite
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

wow man that looks great!

Old 03-03-2009, 07:32 AM
MisterScott
Rookie

Vector. I have the mygig and my wife has a GM nav system and I have to say I thought that the AVIC Z-2 was heads and tails above the OEM systems, though the mygig is much better than GM systems. The nav system on the Z2 is worth it alone. I have the XM traffic, back up camera, 6 disc dvd player, iPod integration, bluetooth with a professional install connected to the steering wheel controls. Overall, I would rate it much better than the mygig system, though the mygig is obviosuly fully integrated. The Pioneer isn't perfect, but I think better than the mygig. My humble opinion.

Old 03-11-2009, 07:18 AM
drober30
Veteran

The pioneer Z1 was a huge disappointment! The Blue tooth never worked properly (echo problem).

I have had many professional, custom installed system that were show worthy and I love great tunes in my cars but I get a little tired of loosing factory functions by pulling the head unit.

This time I'm going to look into a JL Audio clean sweep and just add to the factory system.

Old 03-11-2009, 11:28 AM
MOPWR

Originally Posted by drober30
The pioneer Z1 was a huge disappointment! The Blue tooth never worked properly (echo problem).

I have had many professional, custom installed system that were show worthy and I love great tunes in my cars but I get a little tired of loosing factory functions by pulling the head unit.

This time I'm going to look into a JL Audio clean sweep and just add to the factory system.
If you go the JL route will you install it yourself? If so please share your thoughts on the install.

I am very interested in the Cleansweep as well but wonder how tough it would be to install myself.

I have JL speakers in my Jeep and am very happy with them. A big improvement over the stock units.

Old 03-11-2009, 10:37 PM
Sobomaster
Record Breaker

Originally Posted by MOPWR
If you go the JL route will you install it yourself? If so please share your thoughts on the install.

I am very interested in the Cleansweep as well but wonder how tough it would be to install myself.

I have JL speakers in my Jeep and am very happy with them. A big improvement over the stock units.
Yes, please post if you do it yourself.

Quick Reply: Pioneer DD InDash Install