Go Back   DodgeForum.com > Dodge Trucks > Dodge Ram > 4th Gen Ram Tech
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

4th Gen Ram Tech 2009+ and up Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2009 and up Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

ECM Flash or Programmer

Old 05-29-2009, 02:27 PM
Amateur
2009 Dodge Ram 1500

Vehicle: 2009 Dodge Ram 1500 SLT HEMI
Question ECM Flash or Programmer

I've noticed (and read on other boards) that the '09 Ram 1500 is programmed to decelerate when shifting between 1st and 2nd gear. I guess it's a way to save fuel. Has anyone else noticed their trucking doing the same thing? Have you read or heard about having the ECM "flashed" or know of a programmer that can "correct" this?
This ad is not displayed to registered and logged-in members.
Register your free account today and become a member on Dodge Forums!
Old 05-29-2009, 04:29 PM
Captain
Garage is empty, add now

Vehicle: 2009 Ram 1500 Quad SLT 4x4

I have not noticed this on my vehicle (stock).
Old 05-29-2009, 04:46 PM
Admin formally known as 94rt10ohio
2004 Dodge Ram SRT-10
My Garage

Vehicle: 12 Challenger SRT Yellow Jacket, 14 Wranger Sahara 2 Door

As for programmers you are in for at least a year wait before you seen them.
Old 05-29-2009, 05:01 PM
Professional
Garage is empty, add now

Vehicle: 2009 Ram 1500 ST Quad 4X4

it is to save driveline components, not fuel. One of the 'features' written into torque management.

Old 05-29-2009, 05:18 PM
Record Breaker
Garage is empty, add now

It doesn't deccelerate. The pcm pull timing to decrease the power output during the shift. It also pulls timing when accelerating from a dead stop. It is really bad in the 09's.
The Hypertech tuner should be out very soon (I am beta testing one now), but, as of now, it doesn't do anything for torque management. Dave at B&G can get rid of it, but that involves sending your box to him, him programming it, and then sending it back. He tuned one of my boxes before and did a good job. The only problem with going that route is that if you ever take your truck in for warranty repair they will know it has been reprogrammed.
As a point of interest:
There is a hidden code now (p2000) that comes up when you flash your box. I am not sure how long it has been around, but I flashed my 2000 many many times and it never happened. Every time I flash the 09 with the hypertech it comes up. It is clearable, but does not illuminate the CEL.
Old 05-29-2009, 06:14 PM
Veteran
Garage is empty, add now

Vehicle: 09 Ram Sport 4x4 qc

Hey Mopowar, how does the tuner feel ? Details please ! I have had 3 new F150's in the past 5 years all custom dyno tuned, been to dyno days, and was a bit disappointed at the lack of any tuners frequenting the Dodge forums. These guys were great to have around and a wealth of knowledge. The throttle lag on these stockers is not nearly as bad as the Fords but a more aggressive 89 octane tune would be great. And definately not disable the MDS, I like this 18mpg average on the work commutes since this is used as a daily driver.
09 Ram Sport 4x4,Deep Water Blue,Hemi w/3.92 LSD,console shift,rams head bed liner, Extang Revolution, body color grill, AFE Stage II CAI, Magnaflow muffler and Y pipe,Superchips 93 Octane tune - MDS disabled, 6% torque mgmt and custom trans shift schedule !
Old 05-29-2009, 06:34 PM
Veteran
2006 Dodge Ram 1500

Vehicle: 2006 Ram 1500 4x4

Quote:
Originally Posted by mopowar View Post
It doesn't deccelerate. The pcm pull timing to decrease the power output during the shift. It also pulls timing when accelerating from a dead stop. It is really bad in the 09's.
The Hypertech tuner should be out very soon (I am beta testing one now), but, as of now, it doesn't do anything for torque management. Dave at B&G can get rid of it, but that involves sending your box to him, him programming it, and then sending it back. He tuned one of my boxes before and did a good job. The only problem with going that route is that if you ever take your truck in for warranty repair they will know it has been reprogrammed.
As a point of interest:
There is a hidden code now (p2000) that comes up when you flash your box. I am not sure how long it has been around, but I flashed my 2000 many many times and it never happened. Every time I flash the 09 with the hypertech it comes up. It is clearable, but does not illuminate the CEL
That is pretty sneaky. Maybe I'll have to check my 06, although the dealer never mentioned anything to me, but who knows if they would.

Old 05-29-2009, 06:49 PM
Champion
Garage is empty, add now

Vehicle: 09 Ram 1500 HEMI 4x4, 72 Chevy C-10 350/350

I don't know if this applies but I have noticed this truck is one of the worst vehicles for drag when you let off the gas that I have even had. Even my Durango R/T with 392's didn't make you feel like you put the brakes on when you let off the gas on the highway is where I notice it not in the city. 60 mph down to 40 in a few seconds, then it mellows.
09 Brilliant Black Sport Hemi 4x4 CC,now has FUEL SAVER light. Mopar bed rug(awesome), Pace Edwards power locking gate, updated to RER,tinted windows,Husky Weather beaters, Craftec Tonneau, Mopar mudflaps,tailgate assist ram, Lockpick v3 with front and rear ccd cameras, Mopar running tubes,Cabin Filter Mod, DiabloSport catch can.
Old 05-29-2009, 06:54 PM
Professional
Garage is empty, add now

Vehicle: 09 ram

Quote:
Originally Posted by mopowar View Post
As a point of interest:
There is a hidden code now (p2000) that comes up when you flash your box. I am not sure how long it has been around, but I flashed my 2000 many many times and it never happened. Every time I flash the 09 with the hypertech it comes up. It is clearable, but does not illuminate the CEL.
thats pretty slick. ive never heard of or seen that code. probably a way of chrysler knowing that its been aftermarket programmed. i just did a search or the 2000, doesnt come up in 09 service info.
Old 05-29-2009, 07:37 PM
Admin formally known as 94rt10ohio
2004 Dodge Ram SRT-10
My Garage

Vehicle: 12 Challenger SRT Yellow Jacket, 14 Wranger Sahara 2 Door

Hypertech has a programmer for the 09 Hemi? I stand corrected.
Old 05-29-2009, 07:37 PM

Tags
1995, code, dodge, durango, ecm, flash, flashed, minnesota, neon, p2000, perfomance, programmer, ram, srt10, tuner