Go Back   DodgeForum.com > Dodge Trucks > Dodge Ram > 4th Gen Ram Tech
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?


4th Gen Ram Tech 2009+ and up Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2009 and up Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Back Up Camera And Nav?

Reply
 
 
 
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
  #1  
Old 06-18-2009, 01:40 PM
VALKDRYVER VALKDRYVER is offline
Registered User
Garage is empty, add now
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 17
Default Back Up Camera And Nav?

I have been reading a little about the back up camera on the forum and it has struck my interest. I have a '09 Laramie with everything but the back up camera and the nav (gps) are both of these items something that I can add, or just the back up camera? If I cannot add the nav, my window mount gps will do just fine. To add the back up camera I just call my dealer and ask them to get one ordered (if the price is right) and ask them to install it (if the price is right) and that is all I need to do? If the nav is possible, do I do the same thing?

Thanks,
Arlo
This ad is not displayed to registered and logged-in members.
Register your free account today and become a member on Dodge Forums!
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 06-18-2009, 02:34 PM
Secret Agent Man's Avatar
Secret Agent Man Secret Agent Man is offline
Captain
Garage is empty, add now
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Vehicle: 09 Dodge Ram Crew Cab Laramie
Location: Dayton, OH suburbs
Posts: 504
Default

To add nav you will need to purchase a RER radio. Ebay might be cheaper than the dealer. You can also buy a back up camera package from the dealer, but they are on backorder. Good luck.
__________________
__________________________________
2009 Dodge Ram Laramie Crew Cab 4x4
2008 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
2000 Jeep Wrangler Sport
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 06-18-2009, 04:18 PM
bjk112's Avatar
bjk112 bjk112 is offline
Registered User
Garage is empty, add now
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Albuquerque, New Orleans
Posts: 30
Default

If you upgrade to the NAV can you also find all the speakers to isntall the alpine system?
__________________
BK
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 06-18-2009, 10:06 PM
lross78550 lross78550 is offline
Professional
Garage is empty, add now
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 122
Default

just go here you can buy the RER nav radio and a lockpick that will let you easily add an aftermarket backup camera like this one

Click the image to open in full size.

here is the site with the factory nav and accessories

http://www.oemautopartsco.com/index....ec326ace45e7ff

Lee
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 06-19-2009, 10:40 AM
B.Kaiser1's Avatar
B.Kaiser1 B.Kaiser1 is offline
Rookie
Garage is empty, add now
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 95
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by lross78550 View Post
just go here you can buy the RER nav radio and a lockpick that will let you easily add an aftermarket backup camera like this one

Click the image to open in full size.

here is the site with the factory nav and accessories

http://www.oemautopartsco.com/index....ec326ace45e7ff

Lee
Who makes the licenses plate frame? Do you have a hyperlink?
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 06-19-2009, 04:45 PM
lross78550 lross78550 is offline
Professional
Garage is empty, add now
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 122
Default

I found it about $60 cheaper than this but i dont remember where and im not on my computer that has the invoice. This company boyo makes a lot of different models of camera both license plate and other types. anyway here is a link to an online vendor who has the exact model number i bought.
thanks
Lee
http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_...+-CHROME-.html
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 06-19-2009, 06:13 PM
Phil Des 09laramie Phil Des 09laramie is offline
Rookie
Garage is empty, add now
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 52
Default

I got the call today that my cam came in, its getting installed monday.
I was expecting a longer wait as 95 or so were on BO in canada, it took about 3 weeks.
You need either the RER(nav) or REN(non nav) radio in order to have the factory cam installed
__________________
09 Laramie, quad cab, stone white, LineX, Nav, Mopar tubular steps, chrome gas cap. Vented seats

Last edited by Phil Des 09laramie; 06-19-2009 at 06:15 PM..
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 06-19-2009, 11:24 PM
Secret Agent Man's Avatar
Secret Agent Man Secret Agent Man is offline
Captain
Garage is empty, add now
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Vehicle: 09 Dodge Ram Crew Cab Laramie
Location: Dayton, OH suburbs
Posts: 504
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by lross78550 View Post
I found it about $60 cheaper than this but i dont remember where and im not on my computer that has the invoice. This company boyo makes a lot of different models of camera both license plate and other types. anyway here is a link to an online vendor who has the exact model number i bought.
thanks
Lee
http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_...+-CHROME-.html
Do you have this license plate frame camera installed on your truck? I'm curious if the bumper limits your vision at all since the license plate is recessed into the bumper. Please let me know if you can. Thanks!
__________________
__________________________________
2009 Dodge Ram Laramie Crew Cab 4x4
2008 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
2000 Jeep Wrangler Sport
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 06-20-2009, 12:11 AM
lross78550 lross78550 is offline
Professional
Garage is empty, add now
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 122
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Secret Agent Man View Post
Do you have this license plate frame camera installed on your truck? I'm curious if the bumper limits your vision at all since the license plate is recessed into the bumper. Please let me know if you can. Thanks!
I have the camera installed and the cable run all nice and neat from the camera all the way thru the firewall and into the cab under the dash. I havent plugged it into the RER yet as i will have to take the RER out to hook up the amplifier and i figured i would plug the camera in then. I started on this today and will be finished by sunday (maybe tomorrow)
see my post at
http://www.cngmail.com/startingampinstall.html

as soon as im done i will put the truck in reverse and take a picture of the screen so you can see exactly what i see. I should have your picture sunday latest.
Thanks
Lee
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 06-20-2009, 11:14 AM
Secret Agent Man's Avatar
Secret Agent Man Secret Agent Man is offline
Captain
Garage is empty, add now
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Vehicle: 09 Dodge Ram Crew Cab Laramie
Location: Dayton, OH suburbs
Posts: 504
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by lross78550 View Post
I have the camera installed and the cable run all nice and neat from the camera all the way thru the firewall and into the cab under the dash. I havent plugged it into the RER yet as i will have to take the RER out to hook up the amplifier and i figured i would plug the camera in then. I started on this today and will be finished by sunday (maybe tomorrow)
see my post at
http://www.cngmail.com/startingampinstall.html

as soon as im done i will put the truck in reverse and take a picture of the screen so you can see exactly what i see. I should have your picture sunday latest.
Thanks
Lee
That would be perfect! Good luck with the install. Thank you.
__________________
__________________________________
2009 Dodge Ram Laramie Crew Cab 4x4
2008 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
2000 Jeep Wrangler Sport
Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2009, 11:14 AM
 
 
 
Reply




Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

Forum Jump

Join DodgeForum
Advertising

Featured Sponsors
Vendor Directory
Our Sponsors
All times are GMT -4. The time now is 03:03 AM.

Internet Brands, Inc.


Contact Details & Emails