4th Gen Ram Tech 2009 - 2018 Rams and the 2019 Ram Classic: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2009 - 2018 Rams and the 2019 Ram Classic. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.
Old 08-05-2015, 08:24 PM
How-Tos on this Topic
Last edit by: IB Advertising
See related guides and technical advice from our community experts:

Browse all: Interior Guides
Print Wikipost

For those who's key fob stops working....

Search this Thread

Old 11-04-2009, 05:47 PM
CarGuyOhio
Admin formally known as 94rt10ohio
Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by bigred3297
can't remember if i posted this but i was having alot of problems from day one with my remote. I went into the EVIC and changed it to where all doors unlock on first push and am now going on 6 months without an issue. Might be worth a shot...

I am doing that tonight. Did not know it was even an option in there. I hate the industry standard double push.

Old 11-04-2009, 06:44 PM
Pinch99
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Stonewhiteram
The only question I have on this is WHY? You should be able to press the button and have it unlock not go through some ritual. I have never had a vehicle key fob that worked as lousy as this one. I still think that there has to be a solution and we all need to keep on Dodge about it.
I find mine works best if I stand on one foot and hop while pressing the unlock key with my right index finger and rubbing my belly with my left hand!!! HA

Old 11-04-2009, 09:03 PM
jonthefireman

I'm sure buried in all these replies my question is probably addressed. But if anyone else is having this issue, let me know. When I first bought the truck, my FOB would barely work standing right beside the door. I figured that maybe over the course of sitting on the lot, the battery went dead in the FOB. A quick trip to Batteries + and $3 bucks later, problem solved. Now my FOB will work, remote start included, at least a football field away. HOWEVER, on occasion, once I get in the truck I notice that the driver and passenger window has been mysteriously cracked about an inch! Is this a feature I just don't know about, or is this a trait of the phantom FOB issue??

Old 11-04-2009, 09:20 PM
bigred3297
Record Breaker
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by jonthefireman
I'm sure buried in all these replies my question is probably addressed. But if anyone else is having this issue, let me know. When I first bought the truck, my FOB would barely work standing right beside the door. I figured that maybe over the course of sitting on the lot, the battery went dead in the FOB. A quick trip to Batteries + and $3 bucks later, problem solved. Now my FOB will work, remote start included, at least a football field away. HOWEVER, on occasion, once I get in the truck I notice that the driver and passenger window has been mysteriously cracked about an inch! Is this a feature I just don't know about, or is this a trait of the phantom FOB issue??

if you press and hold the unlock down on the second push, your windows will roll down

Old 11-04-2009, 09:21 PM
bigred3297
Record Breaker
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 94rt10ohio
I am doing that tonight. Did not know it was even an option in there. I hate the industry standard double push.

let me know if it works for you, if it does....i'm an ******* for not telling you sooner

Old 11-05-2009, 08:24 AM
CarGuyOhio
Admin formally known as 94rt10ohio
Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by bigred3297
let me know if it works for you, if it does....i'm an ******* for not telling you sooner
I changed it last night but did not pay attention if it unlocks the passenger door with one push. As for "fixing" the issue at hand, it could be a month or two before I know that as it only happens about once a month.

Old 11-06-2009, 07:52 AM
qicvick
Professional

Mine has went from almost not working at all (just the unlock button not working) last week to working perfect last 2 days, same thing happaned a couple months ago, still releived ever time it works, souldnt have this problem on a new truck, going to a reunion tomorrow and am temped to leave it unlocked because I know some of my "cuzzens" are going to want to compare it to there Fords and chevy trucks, how would it look if I cant even get the door open?

Old 11-06-2009, 11:14 AM
crod
All Star

LOL. i never knew the windows rolled down if you held the remote.....learn something everyday on the forums......lol

Old 11-06-2009, 12:35 PM
Husker_Ram

Originally Posted by crod
LOL. i never knew the windows rolled down if you held the remote.....learn something everyday on the forums......lol
I read about this feature on this board the 2nd day after I had my windows tinted. Wanted to try it out, ran out to my garage to try it and forgot about the 3-4 day do not roll down window period. Luckily it didn't ruin the tint. Felt like a complete idiot at the time, especially after the lecture I gave the wife about not rolling the windows down for a few days.

Old 11-06-2009, 03:23 PM
iimorgans
Default key fob

My key fob stops working in Walmart Parking lots to, I just press the unlock button a bunch of times real fast until it unlocks.

Quick Reply: For those who's key fob stops working....