4th Gen Ram Tech 2009 - 2018 Rams and the 2019 Ram Classic: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2009 - 2018 Rams and the 2019 Ram Classic. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.
Old 08-05-2015, 08:24 PM
How-Tos on this Topic
Last edit by: IB Advertising
See related guides and technical advice from our community experts:

Browse all: Interior Guides
Print Wikipost

For those who's key fob stops working....

Search this Thread

Old 11-06-2009, 09:39 PM
crod
All Star
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

funny thing is . i swear i pretty much read the manual all the way through and didnt see this part about the windows.....lol

Old 11-07-2009, 07:34 AM
kevinc66
Professional

Originally Posted by crod
funny thing is . i swear i pretty much read the manual all the way through and didnt see this part about the windows.....lol
Me too.Now if only we can find a way to have the windows go back up without going in the truck and pushing the window button,lol.

Old 11-09-2009, 10:40 AM
RichardR

Just happen last week... I though it was solved with "unlock on first push" and "disable honk" settings. Bring into the dealer this week to run the a diag. (3 Times in 5 months? not a big deal... but I have keyless entry on all my cars / trucks for 20 years now... and never had this issue like this)

Old 11-18-2009, 01:59 AM
Pinch99
Default its back

So for months I haven't had this problem. I pretty much just drive to and from work. Then I visited a new BestBuy during lunch. I parked in front, and couldn't lock my truck. no unlock, no start, no lock, completely dead fob. I locked it manually, went shopping, came back out again completely dead.

unlocked it manually (alarm), went to work and the fob worked fine. drove back to best buy, guess what completely dead again. This has got to be a frequency issue. I am tempted to talk to the best buy manager, just to see if he would clue me in on the system they use for doors or alarms, etc. But I don't want them to think I am casing the place.

Old 12-02-2009, 07:44 AM
qicvick
Professional

Going to take mine back in thursday to see if they can help, every time I do it works perfect, (as it does with me 50% of the time) my wife has never had a problem with hers and my bro-n-law's never has given him a problem, this morning I thought I was going to have to get my wife to unlock the thing, I probadly hit it 20 times, this is from 30 feet away ,right next to it ,around to the right side,out in the street, I am afraid to use the silly thing when its raining or when somebody is riding with me, the battery cheaks out good in mine, in fact it was locking and unlocking from 75 yards away with the fob pointed to the ground at the dealers, 5 or 6 times in a row,perfect! It almost seems like it is my key and not the truck since my wife's works, any suggestions to tell the dealer?

Old 12-02-2009, 03:16 PM
RTCarlin
Rookie

I've had my '10 for a month now, and my wife had this problem last week. it simply wouldn't unlock.... she swapped batteries in the fob but still no go... I drove across town to meet her with my set of keys and mine worked fine. she tried to use hers to see if it would lock it and it worked flawless after that....

On another note.... I got Lojack put on last week at the dealer and one of my key units already is showing low battery.... ugh!!!

Old 12-02-2009, 03:26 PM
oldjeep
Champion
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by RTCarlin
I drove across town to meet her with my set of keys and mine worked fine.
You realize that there is a real key inside the fob that can be used to open the door right?

Old 12-02-2009, 03:33 PM
RTCarlin
Rookie

Originally Posted by oldjeep
You realize that there is a real key inside the fob that can be used to open the door right?
Does it set off the alarm? We weren't sure about that.... but if not then

Old 12-02-2009, 03:45 PM
kevinc66
Professional

Originally Posted by RTCarlin
Does it set off the alarm? We weren't sure about that.... but if not then
\

Funny thing about that, when I took my key out of the fob,the door can be opened without the alarm going off.When someone else in this thread did the same thing,their alarm went crazy.Go figure.

Old 12-02-2009, 05:23 PM
Thatmarkguy
Veteran

When my fob wouldn't work and I tried my key it set off the alarm. I tried the fob again to turn it off to no avail. I tried starting up the truck, but the honking only got faster. I shut the truck off and manually locked it back up and went back into my doctor's office. Inside one of the patients told me to try the panic button - she has to do that on her Caravan. I told her I tried all the buttons and none of them worked, but I tried anyway and it worked.....after about 3 minutes of honking.

When I came out from my appointment the fob worked just fine.

WTF???

Quick Reply: For those who's key fob stops working....