4th Gen Ram Tech 2009 - 2018 Rams and the 2019 Ram Classic: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2009 - 2018 Rams and the 2019 Ram Classic. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.
Old 08-05-2015, 08:24 PM
How-Tos on this Topic
Last edit by: IB Advertising
See related guides and technical advice from our community experts:

Browse all: Interior Guides
Print Wikipost

For those who's key fob stops working....

Search this Thread

Old 08-25-2009, 09:00 AM
Brummo
Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by lb79theone
Hmm. I have been watching this thread only because I have a aftermarket one and a 2001 Dodge, but I see that is this is a brand new truck that is too bad that people are having a problem like this with a brand new truck!??? I dont understand why the dealer is not really taking care of this for you guys! Thats a big turn off to mefor the new Dodge Rams.
Well, part of the problem is that they have not heard of the problem...Right, I've already told 3 dealers about it.

Old 08-25-2009, 09:18 AM
lb79theone
Record Breaker
Location: Maine! ( GET A HOLD OF ME IF YOU WANT TO GET ME ON FACEBOOK.COM, AND CARDOMAIN.COM)

Wow.. ok.

Old 08-25-2009, 10:47 AM
renos09
Veteran

Maybe the sirius antenna is interfering with the signal from the fob and instead of opening the doors it changes the station. It happened twice to me yesterday.

Old 08-25-2009, 11:11 AM
Thatmarkguy
Veteran

Originally Posted by renos09
Maybe the sirius antenna is interfering with the signal from the fob and instead of opening the doors it changes the station. It happened twice to me yesterday.
The Sirius antenna can't even hold the Siruis stations so I don't even think it would interfere with the key fob signal. Plus the Sirius antenna only receives, it does not transmit.

Old 08-25-2009, 11:48 AM
Husker_Ram

Just found out today by the wife our truck is having this problem too. She took it into the dealer for an oil change. Brought it up to the SA, he was aware of the issue, but didn't have a solution. Basically was told, if it doesn't work, just use your key. He stated sometimes the alarm will go off doing this and all we need to do is put the FOB in the ignition. No other attempt to resolve it. SA also stated it could be related to a low battery in the FOB as well. Again no attempt to resolve. Just bring it in as the battery is covered for 12K or 12 months...WTF?!?!

Last edited by Husker_Ram; 08-25-2009 at 11:53 AM.
Old 08-25-2009, 01:48 PM
Islander_212
Rookie

Originally Posted by Husker_Ram
Just found out today by the wife our truck is having this problem too. She took it into the dealer for an oil change. Brought it up to the SA, he was aware of the issue, but didn't have a solution. Basically was told, if it doesn't work, just use your key. He stated sometimes the alarm will go off doing this and all we need to do is put the FOB in the ignition. No other attempt to resolve it. SA also stated it could be related to a low battery in the FOB as well. Again no attempt to resolve. Just bring it in as the battery is covered for 12K or 12 months...WTF?!?!
Wait till you price that battery! I think I read that it is $140.00 from the stealer.

Old 08-25-2009, 02:33 PM
RBRK
Rookie

The battery is only $4, I have changed mine already.

Old 08-25-2009, 02:52 PM
Islander_212
Rookie

Originally Posted by RBRK
The battery is only $4, I have changed mine already.
Now that is more like it! Thanks for the update.

Old 08-25-2009, 08:36 PM
72combo
Champion

Originally Posted by tadst34
Since I took my truck in to the dealer, they said they "ran some programs" on it and to watch if it stops. Well, it did for a couple of days. Then started back up again.

Now, i have an even bigger problem than that. The doors unlock all by themselves now. Constantly too. The just keep unlocking. Mostly after i turn the engine off and remove the key. Sometimes, it will even open the windows(as if you were holding the unlock button down). This is bad, because what if it is raining? What if I have something of value in the truck and it unlocks while I am away from the truck? I am rather upset about this and I have to drive 25 min. just to get to the dealer since Chrysler shut down my local dealer.

Is anyone else having a problem like this? THanks.

Tom
Maybe someone screwing around with the Key fob when you are not looking, maybe the dog? LOL Wow I hope I don't get these problems I have enough issues be paraplegic when its raining, I put the after market tailgate lock, I was nervous after reading this because if I develop problems it will be for sure my problem or maybe I wont because the lock uses 2 of its own relays which supply probably more power when you hit the button, I notice since I put the Pace Edwards lock on I can't start the truck from farther and if it's on the road and kids are messing around out there, I start it and they buzz off. Now that is at least 50 feet or more, how far are we supposed to get, it might work further never tried, no wait it works real far cuz for fun we were shopping as soon as we got out the store I hit the start button twice, didnt here it start cuz it was way out there, no handicap spots open so I park far away when this happens and on an angle, I do this far out there so I dont look like a jerk hogging spots. Now that was50 yards at least. It was running when we got out there.

Old 08-25-2009, 08:38 PM
72combo
Champion

Originally Posted by Islander_212
Wait till you price that battery! I think I read that it is $140.00 from the stealer.
Hey is Bounty back? LOL J/K That must be the whole fob for that price

Quick Reply: For those who's key fob stops working....