4th Gen Ram Tech 2009 - 2018 Rams and the 2019 Ram Classic: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2009 - 2018 Rams and the 2019 Ram Classic. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Back from a 4000Km roadtrip

Search this Thread

Old 07-14-2009, 12:11 PM
Twotone
Rookie
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Default Back from a 4000Km roadtrip

Well we just got back home last Saturday after over 4000km's and a 7200Lb trailer on the back.

NO POWER PROBLEMS WHATSOEVER... We started in Edmonton Alberta through to Banff over to Kamloops BC then to Victoria. On the way back into Washington to Seattle over to Coulee Dam North up to BC again through all the vineyards back through Banff then Jasper then Home.

All in all --- ALL MOUNTAIN DRIVING.

Diesels tried to pick on us...no chance they had to duck in behind & and ended up using us as a windbreak. We only, throughout the whole trip decelerated twice about 5 Mph, all other hills Accelerating nicely.

Trailer handled like a dream and truely (no joking) I sometimes forgot the thing was back there.

I can't say enough about the Tekonsha P3 -- wonderful controller

We were able to acheive near perfect "squat" @ 7200Lb's by using 30 psi Airbags and a load leveller hitch from DSP.

Only thing that happened to me was one airline from my compressor got a little to close to the Cat converter and melted (on roadside patch which is still holding fine LOL)

Im sure the power addon's we've got installed helped out alot but all in all this Eagle engine rocks over my Magnum 04 I had (which also had all the addon gizmos)

We did take some pictures of the rig using the Grand Coulee Dam as a backdrop (once I figure out how I'll post em)

I saw another thread in here on would I buy another Dodge?

Yep

Last edited by Twotone; 07-14-2009 at 12:14 PM.
Old 07-14-2009, 12:56 PM
chris66
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Back from a 4000Km roadtrip

Sounds like you had a good time.
Reading through your post, I had noticed you mentioning about the rear air bags, something that I was looking at for quite some time. I only towed about 5000lb, but every time the rear end seemed kinda “springy”, if you know what I mean.
Where did you get your airbags from and how much was to get them installed?

Cheers

Old 07-27-2009, 01:57 PM
Twotone
Rookie
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Well I buy local at wholesale but internet prices are about the same

120 bucks for the bags and I think it was 240 for the compressor (single circuit)

And I did it myself in my shop, I run an Auto center (BONUS PERKS FOR ME YAY!! Lol)

Quick Reply: Back from a 4000Km roadtrip