4th Gen Ram Tech 2009 - 2018 Rams and the 2019 Ram Classic: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2009 - 2018 Rams and the 2019 Ram Classic. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.
Old 08-13-2015, 08:38 PM
How-Tos on this Topic
Last edit by: IB Advertising
See related guides and technical advice from our community experts:

Browse all: Lighting Guides
Print Wikipost

Install factory fog light kit

Search this Thread

Old 10-04-2010, 01:16 AM
devile
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The wires you have to run up to the PCM plug under the hood, not for the novice, but do able... And that's the hardest part...

THE BIGGEST ISSUE I FIND WITH THE LIGHTS... You cannot order a individual lamp assembly from mopar, I had a rock go through mine, and i have to order the kit to replace it... ARG!

Old 10-04-2010, 03:16 PM
flatlander68

Originally Posted by devile
THE BIGGEST ISSUE I FIND WITH THE LIGHTS... You cannot order a individual lamp assembly from mopar, I had a rock go through mine, and i have to order the kit to replace it... ARG!

Not true
I ordered my fog light kit from a dealer that also sell on ebay.
About 2 weeks afteputting te lights on I also had one hit by a rock I was able to get asingle light from the sller on ebay.

Below is the phone number ot the dealer (Seve White Motors) that sells on ebay.
Give them a call about buying a single fog light.
(800)779-3634

Old 12-20-2010, 07:47 PM
heloman69

Ok guys, I think I have found some interesting information regarding the Mopar Fog Light kit. I was bouncing around and it seems that the lights may be made by Hella. They are in the FF75 series and the p/n is 008284801. Now....when you look at these lights, you will notice that the back of the case is a little different since they are a universal fog light and do not appear to have the Mopar plugs. The mounting brackets look the same. The prices of these lights are almost as much as the factory lights, so it seems you might as well but the factory Mopar kit since it has the headlight switch and all, if that matters to you. Here's the great part....Hella makes stone protective covers for them. They make them in a black, and a clear (which you can leave on and use the lights at the same time). The p/n for the clear covers is 87988011. I just ordered 2 of them from Amazon for $15 apiece. Kind of pricey for a clear plastic cover, but alot cheaper than a new light. I installed the Mopar kit and within 2 weeks a rock broke one of my lights. I saw the post above about buying a single light, so I'm gonna try that. I'll post the results of the covers when they arrive and I install them.

Old 02-14-2011, 09:13 PM
heloman69

Update....I called Steve White Dodge and ordered a replacement fog light.....and when the box came, there were 2 of them in the box. The price was about $52 including shipping to me (shipping might be higher to your location). Robert (the parts guy) told me that there may be 2 in the box when it comes, and there were. That was a great score...you guys looking for a replacement should call them. I also received my hella fog light covers and they are an exact fit and look great. I'm going to wait until the winter weather is over to install all of this stuff.

Old 02-18-2011, 08:11 PM
devile
Professional

Do you have a part number for the replacement lights, i've been to 4 dealers, and they all say, in order to replace my rock damaged light, i have to order the whole kit again!?

Old 02-20-2011, 06:21 PM
heloman69

You don't have to order the whole kit again. Just call Steve White Dodge at the number listed above. Ask for Robert. Tell him you installed the factory fog light kit for the 2009 and up Ram. You broke a light and need a replacement one and you understand that they sell single lights. It couldn't get any easier than this. I think it was $45 for the replacement lights and $7 for shipping to me (your shipping might be higher depending on where you live). I will try to find the p/n tomorrow. And go to amazon and buy the light covers listed above, they will save your lights from small rock damage.

Old 02-21-2011, 12:46 AM
devile
Professional

Awesome thanks for the help, I will definitely give them a call on Tuesday!

Old 02-21-2011, 01:31 PM
flatlander68

heloman69

Any problem with those covers getting hot and or melting ?

I noticed it says not to use them with the lights on while the truck isn't moving.

Old 02-23-2011, 07:07 AM
heloman69

I haven't installed my new lights or covers yet. I'm going to keep using my old ones until the winter weather is over. I wouldn't think that stopping at traffic lights or something like that would cause the cover to melt. Hella makes pretty good OEM and aftermarket products, and I can only imagine the backlash on the net if the covers melted when you stopped at a light. The reviews I read on them were pretty good. The plastic looks beefy enough for the intended purpose. I'm not concerned about them melting. I did notice that they do sit off of the lens a little bit. There is a plastic nub molded in that keeps them from being directly on the lens, so that air cushion should also provide some benefit. Hope this helps.

Old 03-13-2011, 07:32 PM
dalejrfan88
Amateur

I have a 2002 Dodge Dakota Crew cab. It has the 2nd generation switch with the fog light. But my truck does not have fog lights. I was wondering if my truck would be prewired for fog lights.

Quick Reply: Install factory fog light kit