4th Gen Ram Tech 2009 - 2018 Rams and the 2019 Ram Classic: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2009 - 2018 Rams and the 2019 Ram Classic. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Ride Tech Airbag Issues Pic Request

Search this Thread

Old 11-26-2014, 12:49 PM
CrawfishStu
Professional
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Ride Tech Airbag Issues Pic Request

I'm just looking for some pictures to make sure that there isn't anything abnormal with the way I had these airbags in there.

I've tried several of the airbag options on the market.
I liked how it rode and how adjustable the setup could be.
However, when you would really dump on the throttle, it would sometimes spit out the bags.
Like many airbag setups, it is only anchored on one side. It used the bump stop pad(thought there is no internal coil bumpstop) as a guide. You cut the top edge of it off to make a hollow cup and then the tube in the lower plate slides in. Simple.
I called ridetech about the problems and they really didn't have an answer. They asked some questions about how I cut the cup and ride height etc. All of which seemed normal to them.
So, after it did this to me while towing and took out a brake bleeder. I pulled the kit and went with something else.
I really liked the ride and ability to lower/raise the rear at will.
I'm thinking that axle wrap may be causing the problem because the bag is already "leaning".
Anyone else have this kit and can snap some pics at ride height? Any similar issues?
I'm thinking about just anchoring the bottom and putting a limit strap to keep from over extending the bag if/when the truck is jacked up by the frame.

Ride Height
Name:  IMAG0566.jpg
Views: 81
Size:  15.9 KB
Name:  IMAG0548-1.jpg
Views: 62
Size:  19.7 KB
Suspension dropped out a bit
Name:  IMAG0567.jpg
Views: 65
Size:  17.9 KB
Spit out